Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • towel radiator measurments q
  • spchantler
    Free Member

right then, time to make the forum do something useful for a change. the bathroom refit is nearing completion, just a couple of things to do, one of them being the fitting of the rad to the heating circuit, so i can finish tiling the floor. only thing is, its not coming till the end of the month…so what i need is the measurement of peoples towel radiator from the wall so i can fit valves, finish floor etc and fit rad later. what i need is mm’s from the wall to the centre of the bleed valve on the top of one of the legs, i’m kind of hoping there’s going to be some consistency out there… tape measures out chaps, over to you

globalti
    Free Member

If you can’t get a pdf with the dimensions from the supplier, don’t risk it. Presumably you are wrapping the flow & return pipes and recessing them inside the wall? That job is best done with the rad temporarily fitted. Pipe up to the rad, plaster, allow the plaster to dry them remove the rad and finish and decorate. Alternatively plaster in your F&R pipes and later connect up with flexi connectors if you want that “European” look.

spchantler
    Free Member

its a stud wall, so the pipes are already in, tails come out at the right height, nice and level, at the correct centre for a 500 rad. there’s a little bit of wiggle room for in out adjustment, but not much. trouble is, if i don’t connect the f and r under the floor i can’t put the floor back , finish tiling etc etc, don’t really want to wait till the end of the month. more importantly neither does my better half…

bamboo
    Free Member

As above, don’t risk it, but since you asked, mine is 72mm (installed last week).

Why isn’t it coming until the end of the month? Is it a particularly special one?

I got mine from Trade Radiators – they offer a decent guarantee compared to the likes of B&Q, Bathstore etc, they are much cheaper, and they deliver next day for free.

nealglover
    Free Member

There isn’t a lot on consistency in the measurements I’m afraid. Although there is a bit of adjustment on most of the brackets, so you might strike it lucky if you guesstimate.

I wouldn’t though. Ring the manufacturer, look a line for fitting instructions, find a local stockist and go and have a look ?

johndoh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t risk it – I need to replace the valves on my towel rad and even those don’t come in a standard size (ie, I am unable to find replacements with the same throw).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘towel radiator measurments q’ is closed to new replies.