Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • towbar mounted storage
  • duncancallum

I have a t4 with a fiamma rack that holds both bikes. the issue is in the living side of the van is i can get a 3rd in but no room for kit or when there is 2 of us all the minging kit gets put in the van festering.

I was wanting something like https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Top-sale-Trailer-steel-hitch-luggage_60478083814.html

which means all the shit high kit like pads, shoes helmet etc can be then put in waterproof boxes and not smell the van out and take up room.

thule do one but its not cheap, the aliexpress ones have a minimum order

wobbliscott
    Free Member

This is awesome, not the cheapest option with it being Thule, but works well:-

edit: guess I should blur out the reg plates. You never know who’s watching…

ElShalimo

Have you looked at an Aiston rack? You could lash boxes to it
    Or maybe a 2nd hand platform style bike rack and lash stuff to that?

connect2
    craigbroadbent
    Free Member

Westfalia do one too, but not cheap either £220, and you need a rack too a £300 and then a towbar if you haven’t got one.

nickjb
    Free Member

Saw someone at an event recently with a couple of ammo boxes bolted to a standard bike rack. Actually looked pretty neat and purposeful. Could do something similar with pelican cases (or cheaper copies). Would be lockable, too.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Those Back Rak as as expensive as Thule without the back up.
    Apart from a couple of their “invention” why would you bother?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘towbar mounted storage’ is closed to new replies.