Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tow Bar Mounted Bike Rack
  • Rockdodger
    Free Member

I am looking for a tow bar mounted bike rack for my Volvo estate and was wondering what people would recommend.
    Thanks

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Thule always for me. Expensive to buy new, but they last forever and you can sell them for good money. Worth looking on ebay too.

allfankledup

Atera strada – slides away from the tailgate to allow access to the boot

Not cheap, but v.good

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    project
    Free Member

Ive got a thule euroclassic 905 for sale never used.Carries 2 bikes, tow bar mounted lockable and tilts.

matt_outandabout

How many bikes? Budget?

br
    Free Member

Thule for 10 years now. The Ride-On one.
    If buying again I’d get the Euro one as it tilts

Rockdodger
    Free Member

2 bikes and budget = tight Yorkshire man

Rockdodger
    Free Member

project can you email me details with pics please and your location.
    Thanks

mjsmke

Another Thule fan here. Simple design and solid when fitted.

DaveRambo

I have an Atera Strade.

Not the cheapest but very well made and still looking and working like new after 4 or so years now.

edit: Cheap is an interesting term – something that costs more but lasts a long time is cheap compared to one that costs little but is knackered soon

fubar
    Free Member

I preferred the Atera Strada DL 2 after sending back a ‘Thule EuroWay G2 3 bike’ . Now sold the car and now will be using roof rails rather than towbar.
    [cough] I’m selling the Atera, used 3 times,it’s the 2 bike but have the 3rd bike adapter (not even opened this package). Looking for pickup – Rochdale area. drop me an email if interested.

TinMan
    Free Member

Got a Buzzrack, well made, works well & v quick to fit. Nice tilt mechanism, but as you have an estate like me, it’s a bit irrelevant as the boot lid is going out more than up, so still won’t pass the tilted rack. Need someone with a thule to confirm if same issue exists for estates.
    Still love it though 🙂

mactheknife

I am selling a Thule 974 which is a cracking carrier. The only reason is my new frame is an odd shape and doesn’t work that well with it.

Also look at the buzzrack ones. Very good for the money. Not as refined as Thule but very good.

gasgasser
    Free Member

I have the Witter Zx310 3 bike towbar mounted rack and found it to be fine over the 3 years i’ve had it and easy to fit. It can be tilted down to get into the boot so may be worth a look?

Not sure how they compare price wise with the ones mentioned above but i’ve been pretty happy with mine

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jason
    Free Member

Oddly enough it is worth asking you local Volvo dealer for a price. My dad just bought a towbar rack and the cheapest quality one he found was from Volvo, which is a rebranded Thule.

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Jason thanks for that I will give them a call

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tow Bar Mounted Bike Rack’ is closed to new replies.