Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Tow ball carrier or roof mount.
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Yeah I know what you mean, every solution is a compromise I suppose. I get changed near the boot with it open before I put the bikes back on and use a changing robe to hide my modesty 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No chance of accidentally forgetting they are on the roof and driving into a car park height restriction barrier

A simple risk assessment tells you that you’re far more likely to be rear ended by a car than hitting a height restriction barrier.

I’ve had Towbar roof racks, high mounts, a car that fits bikes inside and a couple of vans, it all really.

They’re all a compromise, choose whatever suits you best.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Had both, tow bar every time. Far easier to fit the bikes, in tight parking no danger of twatting the car next to you trying to get it up and better fuel economy. Plus you can see them in rear view mirror so know they are not falling off.

I had a thule velocompact which fitted on the boot!

Sadly current car doesn’t have a tow bar and I am stuck on the roof for now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these too, bought it for going to Holland so that I could get into the boot while the bikes were fitted, was ex demo from a bike shop on eBay for 100 quid.

It’s actually bloody good.

Jordan

At first I thought that was going to be another webbing strapon. But actually looks quite solid! Will check that out, cheers!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The one I bought didn’t fit my car, but I knew that when I bought it. Just had to cut and shorten the metal straps that hook to the top of the boot.

It’s solid, and the quickest and cheapest rack I’ve used.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Tow ball carrier or roof mount.’ is closed to new replies.