Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tour of Britain – Devon
  • OCB
    Free Member

Going to be a fast (& scary) run into the finish, down that hill and ’round the sharp corner to the final few hundred mtrs.

😯

Forecast is for ‘light’ winds, so that long pull along Slapton shouldn’t be as disruptive as it can be … With the moors, the coast and countryside between Kingsbridge and Dartmouth, and and some attractive little country towns/villages, it should make for a picturesque stage.

I’m aiming for somewhere between Torcross and the top of Dartmouth I think, as I can ride in and it’s long enough to find some viewing space.

Hmm, what bike for ToB viewing? 😉

jam-bo

I’ll be watching them come through Tavistock from the end of my road.

Would like to see them up dartmeet but can’t get out there early enough to get a good spot.

tinsy
    Free Member

Can anyone let me know what happened to Cav yesterday?

Did he just blow?

instanthit
    Free Member

I am aiming to be on the climb to Merrivale. I am taking the family, have bribed my girls with, seeing olympic stars, some freebies, lots of police bikes and a helicopter and they might be on tv!! They are making there own flags tonight.

philstone

Its going right past my old house.. 🙁

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No Wiggo today as he’s pulled out this morning because of a stomach problem.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m thinking I’ll go to Dartmouth and watch the sprint along the embankment or the bottom of College Way and around Coronation Park.

djflexure

Can anyone let me know what happened to Cav yesterday?

Did he just blow?

It all looked very half arsed. Cav seemed to be struggling as soon as the road went up. Seemed premature but I expect they were going quite quickly. Wiggo was content to pack it in at that stage and go looking for him (actually turned his bike around and rode back). Was all smiles, commentator suggested Wiggo said Cav had had too much for breakfast.

yunki
    Free Member

would have loved to go and see this up around Merrivale tomorrow.. But although my lad loves, bikes, helicoptors and police vehicles as much as any other lad, (he loved it up at Haytor last year) he’d not be too impressed about missing his 3rd birthday party..

DavidB
    Free Member

I ride that final descent quite a lot. It would scare the carp out of me to race it as the corner at the bottom is sharper than it looks on the map. I touch 50mph on it and I’m a mincer.

TiRed

Cav seemed to be struggling as soon as the road went up

Wait till he climbs out of Dartmeet. Was thinking of going “home” to watch it tomorrow and ride over Dartmoor myself. But will head over to Dorking instead for the final stage.

jam-bo

Dartmeet isn’t that bad. Short and sharp. Even I get up it in about 8mins.

Tavi to princetown is the 7 mile long grinder that’ll make him suffer a bit

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain – Devon’ is closed to new replies.