Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Tour de Yorkshire, where will you be watching?
  • midlifecrashes

Just looking out the window at the fan zone being set up here in Doncaster, so I’ll be at the finish tomorrow and probably around Hooton Pagnell Friday. How about you?

blader1611
    Free Member

Going to see the finish of the ladies race at Cow and Calf on friday, mens race is too late as i have to pick the kids up from school. Then on Sunday i will be at the finish in leeds city centre.

fatoldgit

Was looking forward to being on Greenhow Hill but as I’m recovering from a hernia operation I’ll be in front of tele for the next few days …..

Drac

Might catch it on the TV at home.

bikebouy
    Free Member

TV or if I can be bothered driving back up to Haaaarogit probs on the Greenhow/Otley Rd near Thuscross..

whitestone
    Free Member

Well it passes within a couple of Km of the house but unfortunately I shall be in Mid-Wales riding my bike. If I had been around I’d probably have headed over to Goose Eye.

PMK2060

On the tv most likely. I have too much on this weekend to watch it live unfortunately. Cycled through Hooton Pagnell this afternoon and the residents have done a great job with the yellow bikes, bunting etc.

docrobster
    Free Member

It goes right past my work so I should hopefully be able to nip out to watch them going through Hoyland. Not looking forward to the parking issues though

martinhutch

Goes past the house, more or less, but if it’s nice weather on Sunday I’ll be off riding, not standing at the side of the road to watch a peleton nip past. Road cycling is one of those sports that works better on television.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

TV the youngest rider in the race lives down the rd from me her mum was telling me she is crapping herself.

hypnonewt
    Free Member

At work tomorrow so will miss it. Also live in Doncaster over the other side of the park to where the fanzone is.

Not going to travel out to catch it, I am not that into road cycling really.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’s stopping me getting home at the usual time on Friday (unless I do a 2hr de tour) so being forced to watch it in Otley

chipster

I’m considering going over to Donny on the train (from Wakefield) for the men’s finish tomorrow  Have a coupla pints while I’m there.

Friday, either Elmsall hill or Hooton Pagnell.

Saturday, the dear wife and i are staying over in Scarborough

Don’t think I’ll bother on Sunday, so TV

firestarter
    Free Member

It’s going past round the corner from me but I’ll be I’m work 🙁

Poopscoop

I see it’s on ITV4.

Can I stream that on my android, if anybody knows?

Cheers!

ahsat

It’s passing about 3 km from the house, as it goes through Otley several times, but being 2.5 weeks on from my ACL reconstruction, I’m thinking I might just opt for the TV option – trying to get to it seems a massive hassle.

ahsat

I see it’s on ITV4.

Can I stream that on my android, if anybody knows?

Yes – just download the All4 app, or go to Channel 4 on your browser. I’ve spent a lot of the summer numerous years getting though lab working tedium this way.

BadlyWiredDog

Yes – just download the All4 app, or go to Channel 4 on your browser.

I think you mean the ITV app?

ahsat

Doh. Yes, sorry.

pocpoc
    Free Member

It’s passing half a mile from my house today 🙂
    I’m currently working in the Midlands. 🙁

Although I agree with martinhutch, watched it last year – 2 hrs of waiting around and they all pass in about 20 seconds! I’ll catch the highlights later on TV.

Just looked on the local FB groups – the womens race just passed through town as they went to adverts! They did exactly the same thing last year with the mens race. There’s wild rumours going on that ITV get towns (councils?) to pay them to not cut to adverts and promote the town. Sounds like codswallop to me unless anyone here knows the truth? I think it’s more likely that the sprint is on the road in to town and therefore they’ve probably held off the ads until they pass through it and cut straight to them after.

grtdkad

Telebox. ITV4 on now in the background, highlights recording later.  Champion!

sparkyrhino

Me and the dog will be watching in Cas Vegas,women in’t morning and blokes in’t afternoon

midlifecrashes

rchallen
    Free Member

On the Saturday, I’ll be in Scarborough so somewhere near the finish line? On the Sunday ,  I’ll be riding the sportive ,  hopefully nearer to the front than the back.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Great evening watching at the Cow & Calf, followed by a nice short ride up Langbar

However on the way back home going back up the cow and calf, got just past the top of the climb to find a cyclist on the floor with his 2 mates just about to ring 999.  The bloke was completely unconscious and bleeding from his head.  I hope his ok, it didn’t look good 🙁

crazy-legs

Helmsley tomorrow. My sister lives a few miles down the road. I’m going to do a ride out round the area first then swing into Helmsley on the way back.

Just looked on the local FB groups – the womens race just passed through town as they went to adverts! They did exactly the same thing last year with the mens race.

Last year the race went right past my sister’s house. We’d been up on the roofs putting out a MASSIVE Yorkshire flag, the kids were all dressed up, sitting on the wall waving. My Mum, watching on TV at home, could see the race coming past all the local landmarks and she was watching out for us all. Race went to adverts as the riders turned the corner into my sister’s road. My Mum was so upset that she’d missed seeing the house all decorated and the kids cheering.

Might wander over Hebden Bridge way on Sunday, it’s not that far from my house and the weather forecast seems good so an excuse for another long ride out!

wombat

The race goes past the end of our road tomorrow.

However, as I’m chief Tourmaker in our town I should get a prime spot at a potentially tricky right-hander 😀

Akers

In Surrey, on t’ telleh! 😉

crazy-legs

Good day out today – stunning weather! I got the train out to York early doors, rode up to my sister’s, was there for an hour or so having a second breakfast then I went for a ride over Rosedale Chimney and the moorlands before dropping into Helmsley. It was rammed there and really hot in the square so I ride a couple of km out of town to a junction I know which has some lovely mown grass verges and good sightlines and there were quite a few people around having barbecues and sunbathing. The first police bikes arrived not long afterwards and half an hour alter the break of 5 then the bunch came through. It was all over pretty quickly but there was a great atmosphere on the verge.

Rode off towards York via a nice little café I know and within seconds of me getting there were another 6 riders arrived from various different directions.

Total riding (my house to the station, the circular ride from York and then the ride home from the station afterwards) was 110 miles. I’m tired now!

jca

Well you can be certain of being close to the action if you volunteer to marshall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-leeds-44025685/near-miss-for-tour-de-yorkshire-volunteer

Sandwich

Nowhere near an Astana Team car!

hjghg5
    Free Member

That was ace. Took Friday off work so rode up to the cow and calf for the women and then Old Pool Bank for the men. Rode to Sutton Bank on Saturday and then yesterday rode to Barden Moor and then back to East Chevin Road. Plenty of clubmates to chat to on all the hills so it didn’t feel like we were hanging around too much. All rides started from home (Leeds) and I was wearing short sleeves/shorts with no leg/arm warmers other than the first half of Friday. Something like 165 miles in 3 days in glorious sunshine. Wish every weekend could be like that!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Tour de Yorkshire, where will you be watching?’ is closed to new replies.