Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 224 total)
  • Tour de France stage 19 – Albertville / Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc
  • ferrals
    Free Member

Injured hand/wrist – suggested broken wrist

MrSparkle

Ha ha ha! Forget that.
    Shame, he’s ace is Big Tom.

whitestone
    Free Member

Commentary is saying he’s injured.

corroded
    Free Member

Incredibly harsh luck for Dumoulin

MrSparkle

Severe wrist trauma no less, it seems :0(

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dumolin 🙁

Weather closing in a bit, rain coats on. I think the break is going to be caught, could be an epic finish 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

I know froome always looks a bit off on the bike but he looked more gaunt and a little ill to me.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nasty crash on greasy road for Rolland – take care guys 🙁

Its definitely not over

Haze

Rolland down…

scaredypants

ooof !

braking in the corner or just unlucky ?

thered

Wouldn’t have happened if he was using flats

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I know froome always looks a bit off on the bike but he looked more gaunt and a little ill to me.

I thought that the other day, about 30 seconds before he smashed the shit out the lot of ’em

whitestone
    Free Member

Hmm, that’s going to hurt! Several repeats of Pierre Rolland’s crash before shots of him getting back on the bike with several areas of clothing ripped or worn away 😮

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought that the other day, about 30 seconds before he smashed the shit out the lot of ’em

Me too

Rolland – these guys are bloody hard. I’d be sat in the dirt feeling very sorry for myself.

Road fully soaked now up ahead – possibly less slippy than first light rain on oily/muddy road

legend
    Free Member

braking in the corner or just unlucky ?

Definitely a strong hint of tucking whilst dragging the brake wasn’t there?

bainbrge

Snapped my femur when I crashed like Rolland…probably as I was going much slower and didn’t skid!

jambalaya
    Free Member

More riders down – 2 FDJ, focus on Porte on his own ?

lunge

I thought that the other day, about 30 seconds before he smashed the shit out the lot of ’em[/quote]

Yep, I thought the same, it looked like he was struggling to hold on to the wheel…then he attacked. Maybe his tactic is to look like he’s struggling right before he goes hard.

Edit, crashes, lots of them, at least 1 of which may well have been Porte. Looks nasty out there.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Has Porte attacked on a descent

Porte has been dropped from yellow jersey group

ferrals
    Free Member

looks like it is/been hammering down now

lunge

Has Porte attacked on a descent ?

I can’t work out if he’s attacked or he’s behind the group. He’s in the cars so that suggests the latter.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ see my edit, he’s been dropped

thestabiliser
    Free Member

maybe “hyperventilates” before an attack? He definitley had his head down and was puffing although I sure he’d be breathing pretty hard anyway

whitestone
    Free Member

Porte is 200 metres behind the Maillot Jaune group, no firm indication of why the gap has appeared.

faustus

i’m only following on text feed so not sure when descent ends, but at least the rest is uphill and presumably less dangerous than a flatter or downhill finish.

jambalaya
    Free Member

French TV doesn’t know why he dropped back.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

‘kin ‘ell! Had gone for Porte today. It’s a bloody good job I’m not a gambling man

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mechanical – phew!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Plenty of downhill to Megeve before the last climb – we drove that road from La Saisse to Megeve (overnight at Flume right on the route) this spring and it is quite steep and sketchy down 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

Definitely a strong hint of tucking whilst dragging the brake wasn’t there?

Fod knows how you can tell these things from tv. Could have been anything.

More bad luck for Porte

jambalaya
    Free Member

IMO Peleton / Sky are going to reel in the leader. Froome could win the stage 🙂

colin9

More on Richie Porte: With the worst of the descent behind him, Richie Porte is putting in some hard yards to get back in touch with the yellow jersey group. It seems he suffered the double-whammy of a mechanical and the aforementioned stop to avoid a rider who had hit the deck. His team-mates Damiano Caruso, Marcus Burghardt and Michael Schar wait to help pace him back to the yellow jersey group.

Cycling News feed

legend
    Free Member

Fod knows how you can tell these things from tv. Could have been anything.

Hence “hint”. Also, I’m somewhat of an authority on dragging brakes….

jambalaya
    Free Member

First rain on road after a dry hot spell always makes it super greasy. Rolland just unlucky I think

jambalaya
    Free Member

56″ now – this is going to be an epic climb 🙂

lunge

20km left, they’re on the climb, Astana and, oddly Bling Matthews (I think) on the front.

Edit, no, they’re not on the climb yet. ignore me.

legend
    Free Member

Absolutely, braking or not he was unlucky to find the grip levels had dropped that much

faustus

Sounds like it could be interesting…would like to see Froome take some more time as it’s the last mountain finish

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lunge, not yet – some steep descending then uppppp !

As above we drove Peisey/la Saisse/Megeve/Chamonix/Verbier in mid March quite a bit of it on rhe TdF route (map geek when planning the drive 😳 )

Leader looking a bit wobby on some of these corners, its steep and tight I remember

More fallers – legs out – in the trees !

whitestone
    Free Member

Now reporting Bauke Mollema has had a spill.

The camera following Rui Costa at around the 12Km mark shows some very slippery bends. Another crash involving Navarro – looks like a collarbone 🙁 other riders off the road. Froome is off as well!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France stage 19 – Albertville / Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc’ is closed to new replies.