Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Tour de France 2021 stage 6 > Tours – Châteauroux
  • soundninjauk

<Frantically refreshes Guardian live blog>

EDIT: Hells yeah!

lunge

Yes!!!!!!!!

Klunk
    Free Member

too quick for them!!!!

dannybgoode

Yes boy. The guy is just a machine. How do you read events unfolding at those kinds of speeds and whilst under such physical exertion? To swap trains like that and then boom. Unreal

llama

Legend

weeksy

Boom! That’s 32 stages then. The pressure will be building now after that! Wow.

Sandwich

Encore un fois. Magnifique.
    Plus more despairing hand gestures from those in the wake.

soobalias
    Free Member

how does he even know whats going on three bikes infront, when hes so small 🙂

great work cav.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

The bogey strikes – brilliant finish !

Tom-B
    Free Member

To me Alpecin should be backing Merlier. However, Cav…..really is rolling back the years isn’t he…..I mean he’s won my a bike length again! Whom was the Quickstep rider that was inbetween Alaphillipe and Morkov? He did an absolute monster pull!!

Klunk
    Free Member

and he repeated the celebration, he’s so tuned in!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The way Cav’s riding I reckon he’s got a fair chance of staying in green to Paris if he can make it through the mountains…

weeksy

Indeed, it’ll take a good couple of days on someone like Sagan taking a solo with Cav being dropped to make up the points etc.

beamers

Pure class.

Normal service has resumed.

frankconway

Tuesday was epic but today was doubly so!
    Utterly amazing.
    Need some more superlatives.
    Can he re-write history?

jimdubleyou

Boom!

sparksmcguff

Great, greatest, Cav

crazy-legs

Can he re-write history?

Have to say, I’m not a huge fan of the “overall number of stage wins” tally. Merckx won his 34 all over inc TTs and mountains.
    Cav is a pure sprinter so in many respects, it’s a lot more difficult to achieve that number. But hey, everyone likes a single easy to understand number. 🙂

stevehine

Amazingly; he’s gone from “will he win another stage at this level” to the Merckx record and green jersey looking incredibly likely within three days.

I think the *only* thing that might stand in his way of both will be the cut-off times in the mountains; and you can guarantee with such a momentous story on the line the race director will be exercising as much discretion as he possibly can on that..

Pyro

Was that Merlier who tried to come across right as Cav came through underneath him? Had to rapidly come off the gas and did well just to stay upright!

sparksmcguff

Also Morkow – wow, just so cool and collected
    And the legend that is Julian Alaphilippe putting in the monster pulls.

dannybgoode

Have to say, I’m not a huge fan of the “overall number of stage wins” tally. Merckx won his 34 all over inc TTs and mountains.

Agree but then it will make him taking the outright record that bit more special. He has the sprint stage record by a country mile.

crazy-legs

I think the ultimate would be to get a 35th stage win in green on the Champs Elysees. If he can be lead out by World Champion Julian Alaphilippe in the process, well that’d be perfect. 🙂

beamers

I think the ultimate would be to get a 35th stage win in green on the Champs Elysees. If he can be lead out by World Champion Julian Alaphilippe in the process, well that’d be perfect. 🙂

The thought of that it making my spine tingle!!

soundninjauk

The movie writes itself.

frankconway

crazy-legs +1 for that dream to be made real.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

🦵🔚

stevehine

It’s a dream; but I imagine there’d be a lot of teams willing to help lead him out on the Champs to take a 35th victory and green. Can you imagine being the lone rider wanting to spoil that party ? 😀

soundninjauk

It’s a dream; but I imagine there’d be a lot of teams willing to help lead him out on the Champs to take a 35th victory and green. Can you imagine being the lone rider wanting to spoil that party ?

I think you’d be about as popular as a spectator wearing a yellow coat and carrying a cardboard sign…

ransos
    Free Member

Shameless nostalgia alert:

beamers

Huge poster hanging in my man cave.

ads678

Had watch that on +1 as was in the office so couldn’t have it on live.

Wow, just wow. The man is a machine. He literally takes the piss out of other so called sprinters!! Great team effort though.

I still don’t think he’ll get the 34 on this tour and not sure he’ll have another in him after this.

Would love the Champs eylees dream though! I would be blubbing my eyes out.

Edit: after his interview I might change my mind, he looks well for it!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Surely his Knighthood is in the post.

onewheelgood

Shameless nostalgia alert:

I was there that day. I’ll never forget it.

theotherjonv

How do you read events unfolding at those kinds of speeds and whilst under such physical exertion? To swap trains like that and then boom. Unreal

Honest answer is that you don’t, at least not consciously, that’s why he’s the GOAT in that business. He said in the interview after that he wanted a little bit more from Michael Morkov but then realised the Alpecin train was a better bet….. that wasn’t pondered, it’s pure instinct, and puts him in the right place more often than not. He hasn’t got the top end kick that he had so it gives the others a chance – prime Cav would have won by 3 bike lengths, but I’d take the width of a ball hair just as happily.

And yes, he was properly buzzing afterwards, having a go at the other teams, rabbiting on…..Cav’s definitely back!

sparksmcguff

but I’d take the width of a ball hair just as happily.

Think I’m watching the wrong TDF. Which one are you all watching? In mine Cav won by the best part of a bike length. He won by a clear bike length on Tuesday. 😅😀

theotherjonv

I said in his prime he’d have won by more but I don’t care. 3 lengths, one length, 3 microns, as long as he wins I’m happy.

slowoldman

I still don’t think he’ll get the 34 on this tour

Why not? There are 5 more flat stages.

chipster

Cavendish is showing his experience. I hope he’s able to go the 3 weeks.

“having a go at the other teams,”

I think he may be playing the French audience.

slowoldman

I think you’d be about as popular as a spectator wearing a yellow coat and carrying a cardboard sign…

Speaking of which – ASO WITHDRAWS COMPLAINT

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France 2021 stage 6 > Tours – Châteauroux’ is closed to new replies.