Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Tour de France 2020 Stage 18 – Méribel > La Roche-sur-Foron
  • Premier Icon TiRed

I think he’s shown enough to have a crack at a GT one day.

Next month you mean. What a talent.

Premier Icon sockpuppet

So long as the neutral service don’t carry wheels with discs m it does seem to carry a racing disadvantage, for no gain.

So I can see the downside for racers.

(I love discs, all my road bikes have them. All are tubeless. But then I don’t race. Or have support, neutral or otherwise)

Premier Icon cloudnine

Can’t they put a bit of sealant in the tubs to slow any puncture?

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

Nice to see Landa fail to deliver again, I just don’t get why the commentators big him up so much

He’s been huge in the past, massive turns, up front until the death on big climbs, I was also interested to see what he might do.

Millar was pretty dismissive of discs, especially when the neutral car had to drive straight past a punctured Porte

I didn’t think he sounded dismissive, it was just a sort of groan of realisation that Porte wouldn’t get neutral service because he had discs.

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

Can’t they put a bit of sealant in the tubs to slow any puncture?

From what I’ve read, sealant wouldn’t do much at the sort of pressures these guys are likely running, not sure the low pressure revolution has made it into the peloton?

Premier Icon crazy-legs

From what I’ve read, sealant wouldn’t do much at the sort of pressures these guys are likely running, not sure the low pressure revolution has made it into the peloton?

It’d help but they don’t like the weight.
    A normal puncture on a tubeless tyre (or tubes with sealant) you’ll lose maybe 1/3rd or 1/2 the pressure but it’s still rideable (rather than being on the rim like tubular). You almost never get a catastrophic BANG instant loss of pressure unless it’s a major gash which would have that result on any tyre system.

To be fair, they don’t really care if they write off a rim – after all unlike you and me, they’ve got plentiful supplies of kit! So the marginal gains thing of less weight always wins, even though the risk of a major loss of time is greater.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.