Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tour de France 2019 Stage 7 – Belfort > Chalon-sur-Saône
  • lunge

Morning all, after the excitement of yesterday we head back down to the flats. Let’s see what’s in store.

Stage 7 is the longest of the 106th Tour de France with 230km to cover from Belfort to Chalon-sur-Saône. As there’s no stage without any categorized climb this year, KOM points will be up for grabs at col de Ferrière (cat. 4, km 37.5), côte de Chassagne-Saint-Denis (cat. 3, km 95.5) and côte de Nans-Sous-Sainte-Anne (cat. 4, km 119.5) but Tim Wellens’ polka dot jersey is not under threat and his Lotto-Soudal team will have another goal with gearing up for a bunch sprint finish.

And the view from the boss?

On the longest stage of the Tour de France, the peloton will go through Ornans, the birthplace of painter Gustave Courbet born in 1819- so it will be 200 years- a reference of the Realism art movement in the 19th century. And that’s certainly a quality that the breakaway riders will need, to stay clear of the perfectly timed pursuit of the pack led by the sprinters’ teams.

Lovely. So let’s look at the profile.

And the last KM?

So who’s in the mix, inrng.com will give us the answer.

The Contenders: Elia Viviani is the prime pick this time, he’s won already and with help from his Deceuninck-Quickstep team which looks more solid than the Lotto-Soudal train so Caleb Ewan has his work cut out. Once again Dylan Groenewegen (Jumbo-Lotto) completes the trio of obvious picks and in his own words he’s “not yet 100%”. Alexander Kristoff (UAE Emirates) as the outside pick as he’ll be close and so will Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) could win with a bike throw on the uphill lunge to the line

And like every day, over to CyclingTips for the pics of the day before, loads of great pics there today.

The Break.

Gravel.

The last push.

G.

Sandwich

Thanks Lunge, I’ve reported so that the title can have stage 7 in it. As having 2 stage 6 threads got me reading yeterdays first instead of today’s.

If he can be towards the sharp end Sagan for the stage again.

lunge

This is what happens when you post in a rush!

tthew

I went to Belfort on a work trip last year, (aka mid-week spa break) to the GE Gas Turbine factory. True story, cool huh?

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s a long ol’ day tv coverages kicks off at 10 am !

bikebouy
    Free Member

Urgh, a sprint finish..

So..

Groenewegen

Since it’s the last real sprint stage i’d expect some of the old school sprinters to come out and play.

Kristoff, Greipel and to some extent Ewan..

Should be nice to watch on TV as they roll through some lovely countryside.

weeksy

We stay just down the road from Chalon every year, but sadly not for a few more weeks yet.

Lovely area indeed.

MrSparkle

Going Viviani/Groenewegen today.

TiRed

Well Dylan has better do something 😉 . Viviani to pip Sagan on the line.

ElShalimo

tthew – did you see the Lion???

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well TJ’s binned it and is sitting on the floor.. !

Less than 1 week in, who’da funk it.

Wonder if he’s going to finish today..🤷‍♂️

lunge

Viviani today I think.
    It’ll be a long Stage first, 220km and 2 people in the break, long day out.

nickc

Gustave Courbet

Him what did that rude painting Origin du Monde…

TiRed

TJ? Surely not. Master of bike handling. Crashers gonna crash. Hope he makes it as he’s shown some form this year.

crazy-legs

Is it just going to be one of those interminable “transfer” stages where you could watch the last 10 minutes and not really miss anything?

I do always like your TdF threads though @lunge. Good choice of pictures. 🙂

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Is it just going to be one of those interminable “transfer” stages where you could watch the last 10 minutes and not really miss anything?

Maybe last 15kms. There’s a good chance of cross winds and if the break is reeled in by then, there could be some fun to be had.

tthew

tthew – did you see the Lion???

Er no. We arrived fairly late and left the following evening.

I did see a couple of pints of Kwak and a lovely luchtime buffet, which was nice.

senorj

“ one of those interminable “transfer” stages where you could watch the last 10 minutes and not really miss anything?”
    I’m laid up on the sofa with summer man flu (worse than cat aids) and I can assure you I’ve enjoyed every minute between catnapping. Hurrah.
    Sagan for the win.

lunge

Groenewegen Then, forgettable stage.

tthew

Good grief, that was dull. Watched the highlights which were about 50mins longer than necessary. Should have stuck with the Tennis on Auntie Beeb.

Klunk
    Free Member

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.