Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Tour de France 2019 stage 13 – Pau > Pau
  • mooman
    Free Member

TT`s are typically boring stages to watch .. even the highlights. But I was shouting at the TV as Alaphilippe rode in. As has already been said – Alaphilippe just oozes panache and real excitement to this tour.
    G looked miffed in the interview afterwards; I am sure he was expecting to cut Alaphilippes lead to a handful of seconds.

Its just a shame that Alaphilippe is unlikely to hold on for the full 3 weeks.

onewheelgood

For some perspective on the reality/cynicism discussion, it’s really worth listening to The Cycling Podcast’s two Kilometre 0 episodes taking about the 1999 TdF with David Walsh. They make really interesting listening.

cheers_drive

Jakob Fuglsangs on Ala yesterday

“When he crossed the line at the TT, be didn’t look like someone who had just killed himself for 27 k. The rest of us were hanging over the handlebars and could hardly speak. He did a burn-out, and stood and cheered for 1 ½ minute without taking a breath, while the rest of us were hanging off the frame gasping for air. I thought “Damn, that is quite impressive””.

Impressive isn’t the word I’d use. Gaining time on that course isn’t totally a surprise. But after that last climb he should of been in bits after crossing the line

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France 2019 stage 13 – Pau > Pau’ is closed to new replies.