It wasn’t a fake – bought from authorised dealer etc. I think the fakes don’t have all the usual packaging, stickers and build quality etc. I think you’d know if you had one.
I’m not sure how you can make a waterproof phone without muffling the mic a little, at least – but then I’m not paid to design such things either. I got someone to call me from the phone, and I could literally hear nothing even when I knew the caller was shouting. Shame because the case looked really cool and I loved the idea of not needing to worry about the phone.
got my lifeproof fre yesterday so thought I’d give some initial feedback:
– Slim and lightweight. For a waterproof, shockproof case it really is neat and adds surprisingly little bulk
– Doesn’t noticeably affect call quality at my end and the other caller made no comments so assume ok at their end too
– All buttons/ports accessible and usable, although headphone jack needs unscrewing and optional adaptor added (included)
– Main bit of screen is very responsive considering
– even at a reduced price of £50 it feels over-priced. Still, if it does the job it’s worth it
– The home button and the edges of the screen are not as responsive as I’d hoped. I can see why they have created the Nuud version