Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • TOTW – Where threads go to die?
  • Premier Icon thegeneralist

Seen a couple of posts on the Ridgelines thread along the lines of “Ah, that’s where it’s gone…”

I think the idea is good, but perhaps the execution can be improved.

When I look at the forum listing, my brain automatically blurs out the coloured threads at the top and ignores them.

It appears that I’m not alone in this.

Can I suggest moving the TOTW under the other sticky one ( whatever it is) and either making it the same colour as the normal threads, or at least a different colour from the Whatever it is sticky thread that nobody has actually read since their first day using STW x years ago.

Whaddayathink?

Premier Icon stingmered

100% this. In fact I never look at a thread once it makes it to TOTW.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Free Member

Both of the above.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Making a thread sticky is about the same as making it invisible. Has the opposite effect of what was intended.

Premier Icon thegeneralist

< Waits for this thread to be made sticky as a punishment for subversion …. 😂>

Premier Icon onewheelgood

Same for me. I just tune out those threads at the top.

Premier Icon sc-xc

I hadn’t even noticed that this was a thing, so 100% agree.

Premier Icon kayak23

When I look at the forum listing, my brain automatically blurs out the coloured threads at the top and ignores them.

It appears that I’m not alone in this.

Yup. You’re not.

Premier Icon thepurist

I’m Spartacus too. Don’t really register the pale threads and it’s also hard to see if anything’s changed so I ain’t gonna click on it just on the off chance that there’s some new insightful contribution. (Or a fish pun)

Premier Icon weeksy

Same. 100%

Premier Icon reluctantjumper

Can I suggest moving the TOTW under the other sticky one ( whatever it is) and either making it the same colour as the normal threads, or at least a different colour from the Whatever it is sticky thread that nobody has actually read since their first day using STW x years ago.

Whaddayathink?

I’d go with that suggestion. My positivity thread got picked and the replies pretty much stopped as soon as it did, even I had to hunt it down as I thought someone had deleted it! It was ticking along nicely up to that point.

Premier Icon zerocool

There are sticky threads? I just assumed they were all the forum rules that no one reads

Premier Icon continuity

Great thread. Thread of the week. #totw. Prize to that man.

Premier Icon shermer75
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.