Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,453 total)
  • Tottenham Riots
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You do not get riots without a disaffected population

MSP

I read the term ‘imported scrotes’ as meaning the scum that come from outside the area where the looting is, spurred on by things such as

You think someone advocating sitting at a window and fireing marbles at people with a catapult is making a possible distinction between people from the area and people from round the corner, get real it was a clear racist remark.

morgs
    Free Member

Are you actively trying to misunderstand That would be using it, and as I said it’s not a threat when it’s not being used. But possession doesn’t justify shooting someone.

why is that using it? surely using it is pulling the trigger or to a lesser extent ‘pistol-whipping’ with it???

the fact that he had a gun (and I base this on the [b]ASSUMPTION[/i][/b] that it was not concealed and in plain sight) is a threat in out culture. If you went to, say, Iraq, where guns are much more common then fine, no threat. But here, on our streets, if I saw someone with a gun, I would view that as a threat regardless of what was being done with it.

Houns

ffs get over yourself. I also read it as people imported from other areas of London, not at all racist

Gary_C

You think someone advocating sitting at a window and fireing ?? marbles at people with a catapult is making a possible distinction between people from the area and people from round the corner, get real it was a clear racist remark.

Well, I respect your opinion.

Even though you are totally wrong.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

**** the cops.

Northwind

morgs – Member

why is that using it? surely using it is pulling the trigger or to a lesser extent ‘pistol-whipping’ with it???

Obviously one of the uses of a gun- maybe the biggest use- is the threat of it. Are you going to say that someone who walks into a shop, points a gun at someone, and takes the til hasn’t used a gun to rob someone?

morgs
    Free Member

Lifer
    Free Member

Well the willfully ignorant, the deliberately obtuse and the ‘funny’ men are all out today. Notwithstanding that some of you could just be self-absorbed skin bags.

morgs
    Free Member

I use a sword for training. I carry it around in a locked bag in my locked boot when I go to training. This is common sense.

However, I could, legally, walk to training with it not in a bag. Am I USING it, no.

My point isn’t whether the threat is there or not….my point is that it isn’t used.

Yes, we can go into deterrance theory if you want to, escalation etc etc, but the simple matter to the point I am making remains that to be used, it needs to be fired or hit with. A threat is someone’s interpretations of someone elses actions.

Someone could feel threatened by me walking to training with a sword

see what I mean?

psychle
    Free Member

Just had 6 armored landrovers go past my work on Upper St, apparently there’s trouble up at Highbury & Islington…

smudge
    Free Member

Mrs smudge works in one of the hospitals in bham and they’ve had a memo saying bham is on high alert tonight with rioting. Any excuse!

Lifer
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

Clearly photoshopped. Boris rides a unicorn.

Last thing I saw him riding was the Gravy Train

Lifer
    Free Member

Yes, we can go into deterrance theory if you want to, escalation etc etc, but the simple matter to the point I am making remains that to be used, it needs to be fired or hit with. A threat is someone’s interpretations of someone elses actions.

You don’t have to fire a shot or hit anyone to be done for armed robbery.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I know nothing about London and its boroughs. What are the demographics of the areas where the riots are taking place?

Widespread riots like this are more than a reaction to someone being shot by police.

Has there ever been a similar series of riots in London in the past?

Lifer
    Free Member
    brakes
    Free Member

Just had 6 armored landrovers go past my work on Upper St, apparently there’s trouble up at Highbury & Islington…

they weren’t Landrovers, they were Jankles

I saw them too as I went up Upper St.
    had a bit of a nosey around Hackney too – lots of people knocking around, trouble in the air.
    saw a group of 20 kids with hoods up going up St Pauls Rd towards Dalston

qwerty
    Free Member

apparently there’s trouble up at Highbury & Islington…

yea, Pret have just run out of falafel wraps.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I know nothing about London and its boroughs.

In 35 years of growing up and living in London the biggest problem I saw was drugs and the drugs trade.

Jamie
    Free Member

Mrs smudge works in one of the hospitals in bham and they’ve had a memo saying bham is on high alert tonight with rioting. Any excuse!

They’re attacking Brum?

Northwind

morgs – Member

Someone could feel threatened by me walking to training with a sword

In a bag? Not reasonably, no. Draw it and point it at someone- ie use it to threaten them- then yes.

Jamie
    Free Member

Apparently, cyclists are being mugged in the streets for their bikes.

hora
    Free Member

Right I think its time the rioters tasted their own blood before someone innocent dies in a fire.

yunki
    Free Member

I wonder how they decide which place they’re gong to burn out..

midlifecrashes

So is this the security part of the Olympic Test Event weekend?

brakes
    Free Member

well, the latest place on fire in Peckham is a women’s clothes shop

nickname
    Free Member

and greggs

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Hora – don’t you realise?

Heavy handed policing causes riots

Just look at the telly – if the police weren’t there, then these peaceful protesters could happily collect abandoned goods from these shops, and take them back home for safe keeping, and there would be no rioting, everything would be calm and peaceful.

If the Police were not so aggressive, turning up with helmets and riot shields, then these poor innocent souls would not feel oppressed, and would not feel the need to throw bricks and petrol bombs, and could happily go about their peaceful business of robbing and burning without harassment!

Houns

Yep kicking off in Brum

I’m just heading out to pick myself some bits and pieces up from Selfridges and Harvey Nicks

hora
    Free Member

Yeah stop and searches disrupt hardworking dealers from going about their valuable work ‘for the communities needs’.

They deliver essential suppliers and shouldn’t be hassled.

mrmo
    Free Member

i do wonder how long the police will go before baton rounds start getting used.

And what then happens if/when someone gets killed.

brakes
    Free Member

the problem is, at the moment they’re in small groups in London and not hanging around once they’ve looted somewhere or set fire to something.
    there aren’t massive groups of people to dissipate with water cannons or baton rounds

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Its kicking off in Cardiff – Latest footage just in:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q8EM0G8tjg&feature=related[/video]

nickname
    Free Member

What should I arm myself with. These riots are getting a bit close to home now.

psychle
    Free Member

Bombers obviously…

nedrapier

Any news on N1/N4?

bdab
    Free Member

Kicking off in Yorkshire as well tonight..

bloody sheepdog carnt control sheep and the rabbits are looting my cabbages !!!

brakes
    Free Member

nothing to report in N1, those Jankels were heading to Dalston/ Hackney, not Highbury & Islington

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Send the army in! That will sh1t them up. Got a few guards battalions in London. I will even throw my old gear on and get stuck in.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,453 total)

The topic ‘Tottenham Riots’ is closed to new replies.