Totally random theft

Home Forum Chat Forum Totally random theft

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Totally random theft
  • atlaz

So. I was heading out today to get a new fence panel for the garden which means getting the roof rack on. Out I go to go to the shed and oddly, the sandals I use in the garden are missing. I grab another pair and head over to the shed only to find the roof rack gone too. Camelbak still there, disco slippers still there, full face helmet and goggles still there.

So someone has come into the garden and taken a pair of old birkenstock-style sandals and a roof rack. Bit odd but that’s actually more worrying than if someone had screwed the entire shed.

MrNutt

a pair of old birkenstock-style sandals and a roof rack? hmmm.

What’s this – go back to the oldest thread you can find and resurrect it?

GlitterGary

Has the case been solved?

MrNutt

I’ve been waking up at least once a night every night wondering about this, thats two years of broken sleep, I need some rest, whodunnit and more importantly…. ….why?

maybe MrNutt is on a one man crusade to resurrect tumble weed threads to make the OPs feel, well, less lonely?

GlitterGary

I did recently see a man wearing sandals and carrying a roof rack.

I never thought it could be related to this thread.

MrNutt

I bet that’s the bastard! which way did he go?

Maybe they thought it was a pair of skis?

Was he wearing socks?

McHamish

I would have thought that 2 years is a long enough time to store these items in a lock up or something. Now that the heat is off, and Interpol have in all likelyhood dropped the case, you might find these on the black market now.

FYI, I’ve just checked, and there’s no mention of this theft on the FBIs most wanted list, so I expect the perpetrator of this crime thinks he’s got away with it.

Keep your eyes peeled guys.

I once had an old gas cooker stolen from the side of my house. I was well chuffed as it saved me struggling to the tip with it.

AAlthough I now have a padlocked gate at the side to prevent other things disappearing.

spikester

Would any body like to buy a roof rack??
    I’ve not used it for the last couple of years so as new ( not sure what vehicle it fits though )
    Will throw in some free sandals if the price is right.

We had a gas stove taken from the marina once, no idea who would want it as it was properly rusty and probably dangerous, hence taking it off the boat and leavig it by the car.

i think i can beat all of these… i had a bag of shingle by my side gate to stop water flooding in down the lane. the bag was old, had split and had lost quite a bit of content.

someone nicked it.

ollie

When I had my garage broken into and my bike nicked, They also took my rake, Spirit level and a £2 clothes prop. They ignored all the power tools and various other bits of bike and electrical kit.

Admiralable

Why did you bring this up Mr Nutt? I was about to post a for sale ad for some part worn (very good condition) Birkenstock style sandles and a roof rack 🙁

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Totally random theft’ is closed to new replies.