Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 222 total)
  • Tory Scum
  • mildred

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9337175/Soldiers-sacked-days-before-pension-date.html

I’d like to say I’m surprised but I’m not. They’re evil. That is all.

RustySpanner

Yep.
    Just nasty – true colours shown.

Can’t believe they will actually legislate to allow same sex marriage either – a decent policy that will actually increase the sum total of human happiness – it’s just not in their nature.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think you need to establish a link between the allegations in that story and at least one Tory politician, before declaring that this is definitive proof that Tories are scum.

Stoner
    Free Member

…or, of 3,000 redundancies, some are inevitably going to be at critical times in their service, but the civil servant in charge of the redundancy schedules at the MOD probably didnt take it to the evil tory defence minister saying “how about some transitional arrangements to make it as equitable as possible”?…

not even an evil tory defence minister is going to stand there and go “pick 3,000 servicemen who are going to be days away from a windfall, because that’s going to look great on my CV”

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Proof!!!!!!!!!!!!

No proof required to say 4+4=8, its a fact.

Same as Tories are Scum, its a fact, no proof required.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Typical Tory – blame the public servant. 🙂

RustySpanner

not even an evil tory defence minister is going to stand there and go “pick 3,000 servicemen who are going to be days away from a windfall, because that’s going to look great on my CV”

But it’s the logical, financially prudent, Tory way.
    I’d argue that to the Tory mindset, to have done otherwise would risk showing weakness.

grum
    Free Member

Tories are certainly scum but I’m not convinced this is the best evidence.

Cutting taxes for the rich while creating hell for thousands of disabled people. That’s what makes them scum (amongst other things).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Same as Tories are Scum, its a fact, no proof required.

Well I would tend to agree with that. But the OP linked to a news story which apparently provides proof of this irrefutable self evident fact. I can’t see how it does.

Stoner
    Free Member

blame the public servant.

well he was probably unionised anyway 🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Most amusing..(not the blokes who’ve lost out – that’s harsh)..more the rabid reaction – “Tories are scum”, like Labour or any of them are any better!

donsimon
    Free Member

blame the public servant.

Having witnessed them at work, I’d have to agree with this. 😀

RustySpanner

mrlebowski – Member

Most amusing..(not the blokes who’ve lost out – that’s harsh)..more the rabid reaction – “Tories are scum”, like Labour or any of them are any better!

Well, all humanity shares the same basic design flaws of fallability & greed.
    But I would argue that a slavish devotion to ideology, at the expense of any shred of human kindness or empathy is a quality exemplified in this country by the Tory Party.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

like Labour or any of them are any better!

Well to fair the OP didn’t say that Labour were any better. His point appears to be his revelation and sudden awareness that the Tories are scum. Perhaps he’s a disappointed former Tory voter ?

grum
    Free Member

But I would argue that a slavish devotion to ideology, at the expense of any shred of human kindness or empathy is a quality exemplified in this country by the Tory Party.

+1

It’s just pure selfishness masquerading as a political philosophy.

deluded
    Free Member

Another act of shame from this myopic government.

In recent years I’ve formed a very jaundiced view of most politicians who prove themselves to be venal, self serving egotists on a regular basis and across the political spectrum. Look at Theresa May’s endorsement of Tom Winsor as preferred candidate for HMIC following his reports on police reform. Examine Winsor’s ‘independence’ on the matter.

None of them inspire me.

mildred

I think you need to establish a link between the allegations in that story and at least one Tory politician, before declaring that this is definitive proof that Tories are scum

Except that I don’t need to do anything of the sort; this is latest wave of redundancies brought about as a direct result of the 2010 Strategic Defence & Security Review co-signed by Cameron & Clegg.

Yes blanket redundancy will affect folk in critical times of their service, but it doesn’t need to; recruitment freeze and natural wastage would contribute greatly to the savings.

Plus I don’t think it’s that great to consider someone’s pension as a windfall. These people have served their country over a great number of years, and some have no doubt got through the latter part of their service with the comforting thought that, although their pay and conditions are poor whilst serving, at least they will have their pensions to look forward to.

mildred

Well I would tend to agree with that. But the OP linked to a news story which apparently provides proof of this irrefutable self evident fact. I can’t see how it does.

Ernie, you will have to jog my memory of where I’ve done this. I’ve linked to a news story that has reaffirmed my opinion, which i have then voiced, but I don’t recall presenting my thread under the headline “irrefutable self evident fact” that Tories arw scum. I’m expressing opinion.

donsimon
    Free Member

Except that I don’t need to do anything of the sort; this is latest wave of redundancies brought about as a direct result of the 2010 Strategic Defence & Security Review co-signed by Cameron & Clegg.

Evil Tory says reduce the budget by X.
    Public servant starts frothing at the mouth in excitement… 🙁

mikertroid
    Free Member

Hmmm, as someone who’s just left HM Forces full time (still do reserve work), I do feel the last few governments have trousered the military.

However the redundancy selection boards have been conducted by serving personnel, not Politcians.

Some of the stories I’ve heard are disgusting, when given the proximity to their Immediate Pension Point.

I really pray there is some extension in service for them, or they get lucky on the outside; something that is a challenge in this economic climate. I really feel for them and wish them all the very best of luck.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ah I see, your disgust is based on the fact that are any redundancies at all, not the manner in which they have been decided. You didn’t make that clear in your OP.

So then…….the Tories are scum because they have been instrumental in redundancies in the armed forces ? Well that’s probably not the most powerful criticism of the Tories I’ve ever heard, I must admit. And since Clegg co-signed the 2010 Strategic Defence & Security Review can we conclude that the Liberal Democrats are scum too ?

I don’t recall presenting my thread under the headline “irrefutable self evident fact”

No that was me who said that – I never claimed that you said it. You don’t need proof for irrefutable self evident facts.

chewkw
    Free Member

Majority of the politicians are Tory Scums

There there … 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh I’m sure it’s not just the majority of politicians who are scum, that sounds far too narrow. Perhaps we need to assume that everyone is scum, and just concentrate on who isn’t.

mildred

Clegg co-signed the 2010 Strategic Defence & Security Review can we conclude that the Liberal Democrats are scum too ?

Yes if it makes you happy, though to be clear, I’m not offering irrefutable proof of this either.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Some of you should Google “Labour Defence cuts…”

It’ll help you to have a more balanced view of a. How political news is reported & b. you’ll realise both sides are at it.

Seriously, some times the rabid kee-jerk reactions on here (from all sides of the political spectrum on STW) leaves me at a loss for words. Have a read a round subject, form a balanced view. I’m not saying mines right, but when it’s so blatantly obvious that all 3 main parties have serious question marks against them it pays to have an open mind..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes if it makes you happy, though to be clear, I’m not offering irrefutable proof of this either.

Why would it make me “happy” ?

You provide a link to a Telegraph story to back up your claim that the Tories are scum, and then when it is pointed out to you that story does not establish any link with the Tory Party, you claim the Tories are scum because they decided on redundancies in the armed forces. So why the significance of that story ? Why didn’t you post your allegation of Tory scum when the decision to make redundancies was first announced ?

You’re obviously a tad confused, as you are with who said “irrefutable self evident fact”.

I was merely trying to get to the bottom of what your point actually was. I’m actually quite happy 🙂

Gorehound
    Free Member

Tory scum.

Are they like the labour scum who signed our country over to the EU and very nearly bankrupt us in the process causing the financial mess we’re in now?

Not propping the FAILED euro up would be a far better way of saving our country money than cutting services but the EU aren’t going to like that so it isn’t going to happen.

Lifer
    Free Member

Finally! Some considered analysis.

totalshell

the govt said to the army.. look you have 105000 people of which only 45000 actually carry arms at any point, you have a top heavy management profile make xyz financial savings.. you do it you army chaps know best ( not least the 3500 ‘soldiers’ in personnel)..

i might have looked at those in personnel, the top heavy number of officers ( one for every three privates) or the 370 dentists in uniform

and frankly.. who gets a pension of almost 3 times the standard state pension at 40. sure you should be able to retire at 40 but why does that make you unable to get work elsewhere.. ?

khani
    Free Member

Remember…we’re all In it together gonna get screwed…together….
    They should go on a protest march… 😉 allthough call me dave would probably think it was trooping the colour…
    But watching the police try and kettle some Marines on a march would be interesting

El-bent
    Free Member

Tory scum.

Erm, default setting.

Are they like the labour scum who signed our country over to the EU and very nearly bankrupt us in the process causing the financial mess we’re in now?

Not propping the FAILED euro up would be a far better way of saving our country money than cutting services but the EU aren’t going to like that so it isn’t going to happen.

The power of the Internet. No longer history is written by the victors, merely written by anybody.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Gorehound – Member

No, that would be Tory scum John Major who signed our country over to the EU at Maastricht. And no, it wasn’t that which very nearly bankrupted us and caused the financial mess we’re in now, that was caused by greedy and incompetent bankers on the other side of the Atlantic – look west not east, for the guilty parties.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hmm just a point here folks, it’s not the tories who’ve sacked the servicemen, it’s their immediate superiors who chose that route and will have been perfectly aware of it.

What you need to realise is that government->spending cuts ordered->Heads of military choose who and when to fire to get best effect. DC didn’t phone up and say “make damn sure you fire them before they get their pension, Phil”

Idiots 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Good use of CAPITALS though 🙂 I was going to score at 3/10 for content but I’ll raise it to a 4.

easygirl

But watching the police try and kettle some Marines on a march would be interesting

no problems 😕

Scamper
    Free Member

Isn’t there something like one civil servant in the MOD for every soldier or something, or is that a myth?

The missus has been told her contract probebly won’t be extended which is fair enough, although i will be interested to see the final selection criteria which so far does not make sense. The funny thing is she gets a huge bonus one year from her contract end if she stays on to do her final year.

Oh and HM Forces of course can’t go on strike or march, i beleive.

easygirl

The Tories are making the most of the fact that the police and armed forces can’t strike
    My next door neighbour is a fireman, with a good pension, he can strike, and guess what
    They are leaving them alone, for now anyway

konabunny
    Free Member

But it’s the logical, financially prudent, Tory way.

Since when have the Tories been financially prudent?

bigblackshed

SHOCK!!!

STW members argue pointlessly about Tory / Labour / Lib Dem Scum and whose fault it is.

konabunny
    Free Member

SHOCK!!!

Political question not in “one unanimously right answer” conundrum!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Tory Scum’ is closed to new replies.