Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Tory conference 2018
  • kimbers

Ouch, just as May heads to podium ….

chestrockwell

Anyone listening to this tripe? I don’t know how she has the barefaced cheek to spout some of it!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member
    rone

Worst use of Abba ever.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apparently, the British Judiciary system is ‘incorruptible’. Who knew?  😂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t know how she has the barefaced cheek to spout some of it!

Because she needs to play to the gammons in the room not everyone else who know it’s crap and expect her to spout crap

chestrockwell

No holding back that’s for sure, straight on with the out right lies.

Sounds like no deal is getting closer as the unicorns and magic money trees she’s promising ain’t coming along any time soon.

somafunk

Blah…blah….blah…..slump onto podium….crash to floor…twitch a few times then no movement…followed by rapturous applause………..another corpsing moment for May?, or just a diabetic coma?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Did Jeff Lynne know they were going to do that?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dancing Queen 💃

Awesome.

Simply awesomeness of grandiose awesomeness coated in awesome

piha
    Free Member

How this sorry lot manage to cling to power is beyond me, or is it a case of we get the Government we deserve?

zippykona

One thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that all of these **** will die.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice shoes though eh?

martinhutch

Dancing Queen

Really. I was sure they’d have gone for Waterloo, given that the world view of the average Tory is stuck in the Napoleonic era.

Money, Money, Money would probably work too, given that it’s a rich man’s world…

kerley
    Free Member

How this sorry lot manage to cling to power is beyond me, or is it a case of we get the Government we deserve?

People who don’t understand anything and don’t question anything are allowed to vote.  They vote based on all sorts of things (what the media says, what the bloke down the pub says etc,.) without knowing the impact.  If they did the conservative party would never, ever be in government as at no time do they ever serve the best interests of the majority of the country.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I wonder. Did she know about the letter before she went on, or did they keep it from her and she’s only now finding out?

rene59
    Free Member

The cringe is real.

kimbers

I am dissapointed, I was hoping for the set to fall down after last year

all we got was the usual waffle, a few policies nicked from corbyn & May doing the dance thing again

doris5000

I wonder. Did she know about the letter before she went on, or did they keep it from her and she’s only now finding out?

The letter isn’t a massive issue in and of itself though – it’s not the first, so it’s not a shock, and they need 48 in total to trigger a no confidence motion. Which I doubt they want to do before Brexit, because then someone else will have to take some responsibility

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Doesn’t there have to be at least 48 signatures in the first place to enable the letter?

There’s been others? I don’t remember any. Could be wrong.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, exactly.

Who wants to take control of a ship that’s sinking and the rats are jumping off, all the stock in the hold is waterlogged and the parrot has shit on the last remaining ships biscuit.

No

One.

48 no confidence votes is rather a lot to muster, considering they want jobs after brexshite no one will push for a leadership election.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

See above.

dissonance

There’s been others? I don’t remember any. Could be wrong.

Yes they add up over time. However its messy since apparently some of the people who claim they have sent them havent (according to the bloke who has them in his drawer) and so on.

Saw someone guessing (they were clearly it was a guess) that there was about 30-40.

The thing is if they dont manage to kick her out then she gets a year before they can attack again.

kimbers

Telegraph reckons there are 36 letters so far, Kussenberg reckons 30

she still wouldnt necessarily loose a confidence vote either

binners

There’s no way the Brexshitters can win a confidence vote.

And if they thought for a second that they could, they’d have done it long before now!

They make a lot of noise, but they represent a small minority. When push comes to shove they haven’t even got the numbers to trigger a vote. Despite all their bluster, they can’t get out of the starting blocks.

Just imagine how much that simple piece of arithmetic winds that vainglorious cockwomble Johnson up?! 😂

GrahamS

Those Young Tories look like something out of a real-life Viz strip.

To paraphrase Georges Clemenceau:
    “If a person is not a liberal when he is twenty, he has no heart; if he is a conservative when he is twenty, he has no chin”

franksinatra

Watching that young tory clip made my skin itch.

kelvin

I can’t hope to be as succinct as this …

… so I’ll say nothing.

Nico
    Free Member

Conservative country elects Conservative government shock!

The Conservative Party is the most successful party of all the political parties in Europe, mainly because they don’t threaten change, in fact they don’t appear to be that interested in politics, just maintaining the status quo. This appeals to the public at large. The “all politicians are crooks” brigade just play into their hands. So yes, we as a country do get what we deserve.

somafunk

^ Scotland has never voted for a conservative majority yet we get saddled with the pricks time and time again

rone

Lots of answers – but I think bitterness, hate thy neighbor.

People would sooner be bitter and angry about things than be positive, productive and progressive.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Thing is, no matter how much they drivel on about being the modern, go-getting, uptodate party of today’s world, they’re patently nothing like it. Every time they open their mouths and blurt, they just sound like the most modern they can manage is 1956, let alone Blondie’s WW2 Churchill impersonations or Mogg’s love of all things 17th century.

Did you hear May’s warm-up act? The Attorney General.

This is meant to inspire? Seriously?

The UK is about to jump into the unknown in a dangerous, shifting-sands world where it’s better to stick together for survival and he’s blathering on with some ‘rule Britannia’-type bollocks from Milton. MILTON!

What. The. Actual. …..

rene59
    Free Member

^ Scotland has never voted for a conservative majority yet we get saddled with the pricks time and time again

If by never you mean since the 1960’s and onwards then yes.

cheese@4p

Why didn’t she just walk on stage and say, This Brexit stuff is dead hard, I’m fed up with it and I don’t think I want to do it any more.

Anybody else want a go? Come on hands up who wants a go?

How many hands do you think would have shot Up?

mcj78
    Free Member

Just noticed this from yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45723640

apparently a Chinese state TV reporter went there & disrupted a debate on political freedom in HK – in the process she opened a small can of whoop-ass on a young tory named Enoch… who the **** names their child “Enoch” apart from Mrs Powell?

ransos
    Free Member

Conservative country elects Conservative government shock!

That’s not really true. Research shows that people consistently support ostensibly left-wing policies, such as raising taxes to pay for healthcare, building more council houses, and nationalising public transport.

The Conservative Party is the most successful party of all the political parties in Europe, mainly because they don’t threaten change, in fact they don’t appear to be that interested in politics, just maintaining the status quo.

Alternatively, it’s because they represent the interests of those with power.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How disproportionately should your votes be counted?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Tory conference 2018’ is closed to new replies.