Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Torus Ti 29er – anyone got or ridden one?
  • fatmax

https://torusbicycles.co.uk/grp/frames/products

As per the title – keen to hear any feedback?  Looks a nice XC bike.

Seems to be a hook up between Clee Cycles and the guy behind Burls.  Saw one on top of a car while camping at the weekend and thought it looked lovely.

Many thanks, Fraser

tazzymtb

Yep, had the 29er with the nice ti rigid forks. Nice little frame for the money, actually very similar to the on one/Lynskey 29er in ride and handling. Not the most stunning of bikes, but a nice standard frame with no weird niche quirks

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah, must admit I’ve always pondered, would be nice to know real world feed back, but always fancied a ti singlespeed bike 😀

fatmax

Thanks Tazzy – I’m not the most stunning of riders (wheels on the ground xc) so it sounds as if it’s worth looking into.  Ta.

dovebiker

Judging by the drop-outs and chainstay yoke design on the Mk3, looks like it comes from the same Chinese factory used by Sonder and quite a few others – I’ve bought frames direct from them and they’re pretty good.

fatmax

Thanks dovebiker – good to know!

shinsplints

Clee Cycles was broken into on Wednesday night and 15 bikes were nicked. We should keep an eye out for any dodgy looking for sale posts.

PS if you come over to Bridgnorth to look at one let me know and I will show you some of the riding we have (not much but some loverly woodland !)

shinsplints

They have posted a list of the bikes taken on their Facebook page. These include 2 x Torus and 3 Scott E Bikes.

gooner69

@Dovebiker, you wouldnt have a link would you?

dovebiker

spanner.org.uk is a website dedicated to those who source their titanium frames direct from China – a couple of mine are on there. Three factories that deal direct are XACD (Xi’an Titanium) Waltly and Titan – there may be others but I’ve no direct experience. XACD have been doing it the longest but are a bit of a mare to deal with and their product finish a bit agricultural. Last couple I’ve bought from Waltly – easy to deal with, takes paypal (not $$ bank transfer) and their quality of finish is better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Torus Ti 29er – anyone got or ridden one?’ is closed to new replies.