Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Torus Bicycles – titanium handlebars
  • PJay
    Free Member

I fancy a titanium flat handlebar to go on my bike (rigid hardtail). I’d love the Thomson ones (to match my Thomson finishing kit) but am rather cash strapped at the moment; the Thomson bars cost around £180 in the UK (although I have seen them for £135 in the States with free postage).

However, I’ve come across a UK bicycle manufacturer Torus Bicycles, about whom I know nothing, who do their own titanium bars for £80. I was wondering whether anyone has any experience of these bars.

Candodavid
    Free Member

I got mine from Seven cycles in US. Custom made. Have a look see as they will do whatever sweep you require

LAT

Carver do ti bars that may suit your requirements.

The Thomson ones are very beautiful. I cant see myself spending that much, but I may one day.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I have had 2 of these on two separate bikes. Excellent. https://kingdombike.com/collections/kingdom/products/sparta-titanium-bar-780mm
    I broke both wrists 20 years ago and ti bars are the most comfortable when compared to aluminium and carbon

danti

I was after some Thomson ones a while back and was told of alltricks in France for them.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wtd-thomson-titanium-handlebar-730-x-318-x-6-degree

I managed to pick up a Torus bar 2nd hand off here and have been very pleased with it.
    It doesn’t look quite as nicely finished as the Thomson but at half the price you wouldn’t really expect it.

DavidB
    Free Member

I have a set bought direct from Torus. Great bars and good service.

PJay
    Free Member

Thanks for the thoughts; there are options. Van Nicholas to a bar too although it’s too narrow; the Torus onces at 680 or 700 are about right.

schmiken

I’ve got two pairs of Kingdom bars, they are spot on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Torus Bicycles – titanium handlebars’ is closed to new replies.