Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tortoise missing near Peel Tower
  • Esme
    Free Member

There’s a notice up on Holcombe Moor about an escaped tortoise.

And I’m rather worried that Binners might have found a “pie” and eaten it, despite the over-baked crust and under-cooked filling . . . 😯

RustySpanner

I reckon it’s safe – no way could Binners catch a tortoise.

theotherjonv

Find out where it was last seen and then put a 20 yard cordon around it.

survivor

I’d widen that search area. Those little fella’s can shift if they are hungry….

Also look for abandoned shoes, they have a thing for shoes!!

IdleJon

Is it dangerous? A man-eater?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Beware the moon. And stay off the moor.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Early for a tortoise ,ours is still dreaming………

wwaswas

If you see a hare then follow that, it’ll be going to the same place just getting there 2nd.

MoreCashThanDash

I have no idea what you guys have been taking, but threads like this make all the politics/conspiracy/car envy/wheel size bollox worthwhile!

showerman
    Free Member

think it may be long gone now saw one on the back of a woodpecker earlier

JoeG
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y6JeQPDg8vU[/video]

martinhutch

They clearly need some kind of turtle recall.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

That’s been up over 6 months. It says large tortoise as well. How the hell do you lose a tortoise anyway, never mind a big one?

hypnotoad
    Free Member

> That’s been up over 6 months. It says large tortoise as well. How the hell do you lose a tortoise anyway, never mind a big one?

I’ve heard of people adding their phone number on to the shell in nail varnish just in case it does go wandering off 😀

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Most tortoises ( except Horsefield for some reason) have to be Defra registered and microchipped these days, but many older ones, obviously wont have this type of help in getting back home, if found.

Northwind

Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 0.17 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of 0.255 miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive’s name is Torty The Tortoise. Go get him.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tortoise missing near Peel Tower’ is closed to new replies.