• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tortilla Wrap/Burrito Recipies
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

What have you got, preferably good cold as they are for work lunch and mid ride snacks. Heres my current fav.

Wrap on medium heat dry pan.

Handful of grated chedder,

Handful of black beans,

Sprinkle of Cajun Spice,

Handful of baby leaf spinach,

Salt and pepper.

Remove from pan once nicely toasted on the bottom.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Come on, someone must have at least one ?

steve_b77
    Free Member

3 day old Chilli with a nice sprinkling of cheese

jimdubleyou

Siracha mayo, bit of extra mayo, layer of ham, layer of Jarlsberg or similar sliced cheese.

Roll up into a tight sausage, seal in pan with extra bit of cheese if you can be bothered (mostly, I can’t).

oldnpastit

I had to go to Texas for work a few weeks back. They had breakfast burritos: wrap, bacon/sausage/egg plus salsa and guacomole. Delish!

trailwagger
    Free Member

Siracha mayo, bit of extra mayo, layer of ham, layer of Jarlsberg or similar sliced cheese.
    Roll up into a tight sausage, seal in pan with extra bit of cheese if you can be bothered (mostly, I can’t).

Sooo…… ham, and cheese then?

jimdubleyou

Sooo…… ham, and cheese then?

I know, but they are in THE SAME SANDWICH!

It’s a revolution.

Bimbler
    Free Member

These are for hot rather than cold burritos.

Fry Onion(s) in a moderate amount of oil

chuck in spices etc, I normally lob in Paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, chilli flakes, salt pepper whatever really

Once softened add beans – I’ve done this with 1-3 cans of beans, usually kidney, borlotti canellini black, most beans work

Fry beans over a moderate heat for a few minutes, add a small amount of stock (I’m sure water would do too)

simmer moderate heat until beans are soft/softening

mash those mofos

spoon into a wrap add cheese and grill (you can bake them too if you’re making a load, although it means you cant’s add extra topping easily) add extra fillings

Be interesting to see if you can make these as a microwaveable lunch – never done it meself

rene59
    Free Member

Throw away your tortilla wraps and make these instead. Good enough to eat on their own! Chicken, lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad with yogurt dressing is pretty good though.

kayak23

Halloumi, grilled/griddled or sauted

Houmous or maybe salsa

Roast veg

Rocket or coriander or suttin

Cheese

chilli

wang it in and enjoy

choppersquad
    Free Member

Spread tortilla with peanut butter.

Add a large handfull of chocolate buttons.

Add five marshmallows (pink ones).

Roll.

Deep fry.

Let me know what it tastes like because I just dreamt up this awesome creation.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I like chorizo, prawns, rice, beans, onions, jalapenos, bell peppers, blue cheese

cheekyboy
    Free Member

dry fry some low fat pork mince sprinkle in a pinch of cumin powder chilli powder and a pinch of salt, carry on frying till mince has gone golden brown, warm your wrap and place on a sheet of grease proof paper, add a layer of chopped onion, tomato and iceberg lettuce add the mince and a dollop of sauce of your choice, wrap tightly in the greasproof paper making sure you pinch the ends tightly place in  a warm oven for 5 mins. Done eat hot or cold.

eskay

https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/shawarma-spiced-chicken-wraps/

Chicken Shawarma wraps are delicious

Or, our normal Sunday night bite is cook some chicken with jerk seasoning, lay cooked chicken in wrap, add sour cream, red onion, lettuce and chopped toms, stick in George Foreman grill for a couple of minutes and munch!

TiRed

I add an omelette with cheese and ham. Seemed obvious given the shape!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tortilla Wrap/Burrito Recipies’ is closed to new replies.