Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Torque Wrench, Jobsworth?
  • cogglepin

Anything better for the money out there or shall I not waste my time looking and just get one ordered?

bigblackshed

How much is it?

cogglepin

£29 + p,p

drdjpower

I bought the Jobsworth one for a bit more than this many years ago. It’s absolutely fine. Go for it.

tall_martin

I bought the jobsworth a year ago.

No badly tightened bolts have bugged me since then

igm

You’ll get a better price than £29.99 in a bit if you can wait.

I have one. Quite nice really.

cogglepin

Aye I know, I’ve seen them at £20 before but I could do with one in the next couple of weeks. Anyway Jobsworth it is! Thanks folks.

squirrelking
    Free Member

If folk say it’s fine then go for it, no experience of them myself.

For the money though the Bikehut (Cyclus) torque wrenches are identical to the Teng equivalents minus the angular gauge (never needed one for a bike) and socket release. Of course it’s only a tenner more for the full bhuna but that’s just getting into mission creep.

dyna-ti

They’re all calibrated from the off and should come with a bit of paper saying so. So unless its critical for nasa its probably as good as any other generic rebranded. They are as far as I can see from YT vids the same thing, and in the unpacking vids have the calibration certificate packed in.

dmorts

When my BBB Torque wrench ratchet broke I researched replacements and ended up with a Norbar 4-20nm. Not cheap but not stupidly expensive either, especially compared to Park tools.

https://www.zoro.co.uk/shop/hand-tools/torque-wrenches/13832-tti20-1-4inch-sq-dv-torque-wrench-4-20n-m/p/ZT1210640X

squirrelking
    Free Member

The Bikehut one is half the price of the Norbar, don’t get me wrong they’re good but not sure double the price good.

Park is just hilarious, I’m guessing trade discount is massive to encourage folk to actually buy them over other brands.

hooli

I have the jobsworth one, think it was £19.99 at some point but it is great. I’d buy another if this one gets lost or damaged.

Superficial
    Free Member

I bought the Jobsworth one for a bit more than this many years ago. It’s absolutely fine. Go for it.

I don’t use it loads though, I’m never too convinced that bikes need precisely-torqued assembly. Or maybe my wrist is sufficiently well-calibrated that I’ve never had issues with bolts slipping. <Ducks for cover>

easily
    Free Member

I’m happy with mine. Bought for about 20 quid but 30 is a fair price.

zerocool

I’ve never seen the point of cheap torque wrenches, half the ones once seen tested aren’t very accurate after a short while anyway. And if they’re not accurate then are they any better than just being careful when you tighten things?

boobs

I bought the m part one and used it against snap on tools versions, I sent it back and bought the norbar one.

doomanic

I paid £25 for the Jobsworth wrench a couple of years ago. I don’t recall it coming with a calibration certificate but I’ve had it calibrated at work and it’s better than Magnusson wrench I use for work.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Torque Wrench, Jobsworth?’ is closed to new replies.