Torque settings for a boardman FS pro 2012

Home Forum Bike Forum Torque settings for a boardman FS pro 2012

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Torque settings for a boardman FS pro 2012
  • Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

a whopping 20nm on the bolts and 5nm on the ones that go into the frame

eightyeight

andybrad – thanks.

Not that I doubt your reliability, can I ask how you found that out?

eightyeight

Does anybody here work at Halfords or have any relationship with Boardman?

I’m trying to find out what the torque settings are for the pivot bolts and I can’t find it anywhere?! Have rang a Halford’s store and they don’t know either – makes me wonder how they build the frame in the first place….

Shirley someone must know?

eightyeight

I’ve read some horror stories about over tightening bolts on the frame, so want to make absolutely sure before I do it.

Also I rang what I though was the Boardman’s helpline (it was in fact Halfords). After checking with their mechanic he said that for 4mm allen keys = 4nm and 5mm = 8nm.

Again, this sounded like a bit of an estimate (which may well be fine), so wondered where you got the 20nm and 5nm from?

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

it was something i found on the web (think bikeradar) some time ago.

Anythng that goes through the frame was 5nm the 20 was for the bolts through the shock. tbh i did mine to 10nm and it never had an issue.

eightyeight

Thanks Andy. I just went sensible middle of the road in the end (and cross referenced against aluminium frames with a similar geometry who sensibly PRINT it on the frame!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Torque settings for a boardman FS pro 2012’ is closed to new replies.