Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Torq in your sleep roll call.
  • tomhoward

Who’s in? 12 or 6 hr? Solo, pair or team?

Who’s in 12hr solo but hasn’t been able to ride for the last month with an injured hip?

*raises hand*

I suspect I might not win, so going for a laugh and to practice night racing.

thetallman
    Free Member

12 hour solo here too. First attempt at something like this ( despite being labelled a vet ), so you may have some competition for last place 🙂

kilo

Mrs Kilo is in a team doing it, three ladies one bloke, I am pit bitch. Just trying to find the kilo family stock of bike lights and considering buying a cheap gazebo!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Yep in for 12 hour mixed team of 3, however if its looking like it could be “very wet” tempted to sack it off. Fingers crossed!

tomhoward

I thought the forcast what pretty good this week/the weekend? Bank hol though so I imagine it will lash it down

*checks weather*

Balls…

theotherjonv

I was going to do it but have been low on motivation recently and can’t be arsed frankly. May tie it into a ride on Sunday to go and see some old friends though.

What weather are youse lot looking at? My BBC feed (OK for Guildford which is a few miles away) has pretty much dry and sunny all week?

thetallman
    Free Member

^ As above, BBC forecast looks ok, and Dark Sky shows some light rain on Friday and Saturday, but dry on Sunday.

This will obviously change for the worse, the moment anybody fits semi-slick tyres….

tomhoward

Iphone weather app.

Guildford was good all week, Farnborough says biblically wet.

its been very wrong before…

adsh
    Free Member

Had wanted to do it for fun but can’t make the start time – wedding in Dorset, kids at Reading etc etc

hopoplu
    Free Member

Yep, 12 hour solo for me.. training has been a bit off since pivot 24/12, but as long as it is drier than that, then I’ll be happy!!

Good luck to all those riding…

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m in for 12hr solo, hoping to make amends for Mayhem disaster.

Accuweather & BBC weather look ok

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I’m in – 6 hr vets pair

I rode the course last night & its running very well, there are a few new bits, only a couple with little bits of mud (many of the new trails are to get round the muddy bits), I suspect it could be quite dusty by the end of the race.

Good luck all, our aim is not to come last, we’ve never managed it before & see no need to do so on the 10th anniversary

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I’m on holiday so can’t even wander down to soak up the atmosphere sadly. Good luck all!

shortcut

In with a veterans team of 4 for the 12 hours. Old, Short, Bald and Slow!! Im the slow one.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

@Shortcut, I met the bald one when having a look round on Wednesday evening 🙂

tomhoward

Just done a sighting lap. Course is nice, weather is warm, I am refreshing myself. Chilling out by the bright orange Garage Bikes gazebo if anyone wants to come over for a brew and a chat. Bring your own chair.

natrix
    Free Member

How is it all going? Sat at home with broken collar bone from a spill on crusty sponge bob………….

stumpy01

Better weather than we saw at the Twentyfour12, that’s for sure!!

beej

Course is fast and dry. Even I haven’t managed to crash. My fourth mountain bike ride of the year.

Might get a minor prize, currently 3rd in 6 hour men’s vets pair. It’s all about picking the quiet categories!

rOcKeTdOg

Course is punishing, hasn’t done my back any good. My laps did include a visit to the crown & cushion for medicinal alcohol

natrix
    Free Member

include a visit to the crown & cushion

I like your style sir!!!

Muke
    Free Member

Wasn’t riding but it didn’t seem as busy as previous years. Well done to all riders and Gorrick crew for organizing.

Link to my photographic efforts…https://flic.kr/s/aHsm7p5e3e

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Thanks for photo link. That was a good day – weather was very hot!

Good course, but had to be careful at night as riding rigid fork, and lots of roots and stumps waiting to pitch me off at every turn – mentally very tiring!

Hope to do it again.

tomhoward

Cheers Muke.

Special mention should go to my mate jonny (523) who, when the rest of us were setting off for the 12hr race, was in a portaloo with his shorts round his ankles. He also has a shout in the ‘least appropriate bike for the event’ competition, never mind all you rigid singlespeeders and fatbikeists, he was on a 180mm, coil shocked, Spesh Enduro Evo, so hats off for that.

Sadly my lack of recent training means I was very much there socially, but enjoyed both my laps 😳

steve_b77
    Free Member

I did alright to be fair, came home 5th in vets 12hr solo getting 12 laps done by 23:16, so not enough time for another. Not that it would be made any difference.

If the first time I’ve ridden there and the course was ace, but rather punishing with all the roots

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

steve_b77 – Member
    I did alright to be fair, came home 5th in vets 12hr solo getting 12 laps done by 23:16, so not enough time for another. Not that it would be made any difference.

If the first time I’ve ridden there and the course was ace, but rather punishing with all the roots

It does beat you up a bit, doesn’t it!
    I am mainly made of pain today after my last lap incident…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Adam@BikeWorks

It does beat you up a bit, doesn’t it!
    I am mainly made of pain today after my last lap incident…

You had one of those too!

I thought it was like racing round a baked dry Delamere

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

baked dry Delamere

Pics or it never happened!

thetallman
    Free Member

Thanks for the photos, @Muke

Hmm, focused or knackered….

tomhoward

Oh, I was commenting on my fondness of your bike, what is it and what’s the finish,?

thetallman
    Free Member

It’s this giant one, from Talbot Frameworks. Paint is a 2k candy fade, which Matt seems very fond of doing on his bikes 🙂

Custom 853 29er

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Torq in your sleep roll call.’ is closed to new replies.