Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Torn shoulder tendons… Anyone done it?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hey,

My missus has tears in both shoulder tendons, one pretty bad the other bad’ish. She’s just had steroid injections.

Has anyone done the same on STW?

We don’t know what’s caused it, it wasn’t trauma, it’s happend over time. She was riding bikes a lot last year, XC, trail and DH tracks. Probably out 3 days a week.

She’s been having ongoing physio, but it just got worse.

She’s also on warfarin, so she does have thinner blood than most folk.

Anyone torn their shoulder tendons in the past?

Cheers

Ricks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, years ago, used to build and test aircraft engines, was crawling out from below one, the tosser I was working with decided to split the main fuel line, I slipped and tore my shoulder badly.

What followed was about 5 years of shoulder dislocations, and then eventually, a bankart repair.

It’s great now. You did ask. 😊

iainc

Oh yes…

Here

tjagain

rotator cuff? In which case yes I have done it and its been 9 months now ad still not right

Twodogs

What followed was about 5 years of shoulder dislocations, and then eventually, a bankart repair.

More like 20 years in my case

VanHalen

My right shoulder feels like it’s folding into my chest when I lie on it. So, in answer to your question, probably!

Mine doesn’t hurt unless I move in a funny way or get my arm pulled forward. Riding a bike is fine.

Started when I was 20 crashing my bike on dirt jumps and landing on my elbow. Then before Xmas I had a little slide out and landed on my elbow which triggeered I think tore the ligaments some more. Waiting for it to settle down again. It’s nearly there.

iainc

4 months off the bike so far, 3 months post reconstruction and still very limited shoulder mobility. First time on elliptical trainer in gym today so that’s progress, though I have put on a stone in weight since crashing in October. I am grateful to be able to drive, work and participate in family life. I’d love to be able to ride a bike again one day. For now it’s thrice daily stretching and dumbbells and loads of physio, and a fair amount of red wine 🤔

My once ridden ebike remains for sale 😟

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Torn shoulder tendons… Anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.