Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Torn ligment in ankle, should I go to casualty for an X-ray?
  • ampthill

First of all the humiliation. Last week I fell off a Segway 😳

Today went for a consultation with a private physio I have used in the past. He diagnosed a partially torn ligament. 6 weeks recovery estimate. Which is what I expected him to say. However he said he thinks I should have it X-rayed because:

1. It shows an unusual (and fairly dramatic) bruising pattern
    2. It was a non standard mode of injury
    3. On the other side I had an ankle injury that turned out to be more complicated than it first appeared

Any way GP has just said no he won’t refer me for an X-ray. I didn’t feel able to argue. He did do a competent assessment of the injury

In my mind I’m happy that this a soft tissue injury. But to be on the safe side should I go and sit in A&E tomorrow morning and hope for an X-ray

PS Physio said use crutches. I thought we had a set at home, but they are a bit short, although things seem way better with them. Any idea where we I can get NHS crutches, my GP doesn’t know.

Drac

No.

Why would you sit in an A&E for 4 hours after seeing your GP?

If it’s still causing you trouble after a few days or you can’t walk on it then GP or Walk in Centre.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Torn ligment in ankle, should I go to casualty for an X-ray?’ is closed to new replies.