Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Torch style helmet light
  • muggomagic

I’m after a torch style light that I can wear on my bike helmet. Needs to have an integrated battery. It needs to be bright as my eyes are rubbish. The exposure diablo fits the bill, but I’m not sure I want to spend £170 just to avoid having to use a backpack.

Saw these Fluxient mini U2 on eBay from Torchy, is anyone using one or able to recommend something similar?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just got the diabolo, I’d say worth it. Proper charger, nice power management settings, easy to use I’m sold.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

also asked here
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/exposure-diablo-feedback
    It’s actual STW agreement

muggomagic

It’s actual STW agreement

*Shudders*

fudge9202
    Free Member

Check out torchy on eBay he does quality kit with good batteries and kit and a no quibble returns if you don’t like it. Lots of happy customers on here.

muggomagic

The fluxient I linked to is from torchy. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to tell me it’s an amazing light 🙂

muggomagic

Is the equinox worth the extra over the diablo?

wwaswas

Tim – you can try my Lupine Pico if you like? It’s a separate battery but that straps to the helmet at the back and with the lamp on the front it balances well. Newer ones have a bluetooth remote for the bars.

muggomagic

Cheers Luke. That was the other option, finding a battery small/light enough to attach to the lid.

kilo

I used a Cree ebay torch and cable ties, cost about a tenner and worked fine

muggomagic

I used a Cree ebay torch and cable ties, cost about a tenner and worked fine

I have used the same in the past and it was ok, but as I said above I really struggle to see without a serious amount of light and even a couple of cree torches isn’t enough for me.

ed34
    Free Member

muggomagic – did you get a fluxient from torchy?

Been looking at these as well and wondered how you find it.

amedias
    Free Member

Saw these Fluxient mini U2 on eBay from Torchy, is anyone using one or able to recommend something similar?

I have one of those, and an older 900lumen Diablo, I bough the Fluxient/torchy to stand in for Diablo until I get the battery replaced as it’s now worn out, some thoughts.

– The Fluxient is slightly brighter (but new Diablo will be brigther again)
    – The beam patter on the Fluxient is good, good bright centre for distance ‘looking’ as a helmet light, and the transition out to the rest fo the beam is smooth so although the centre is bright it’s not that spotty.
    – The beam pattern on the Diablo is better, the spread is more even ande despite not being as bright or concentrated in the centre it seems to just be better, subjective I know but I prefer it.
    – The Fluxient is heavier, not by much, but I started to notice it
    – The runtime on the Fluxient with a decent 18650 cell is very good ~3hr, better than my Diablo was even when new
    – The ability to swap batteries on the trail is very handy for me, whether this is much use to you or not depends on you use case though.

As it is they are both good, the Fluxient surprisingly so for the cost compared to the Diablo.

limited funds = Fluxient
    can afford it = Diablo

but if the ability to replace the battery is a deal-breaker for you then the Fluxient is a very good option.

If they could do the Diablo but with a user-replaceable 18650 cell it would be amazing!

jam-bo

I’ll be buying a gloworm CX before next night riding season.

TimP
    Free Member

Muggo, not trying to be a d!(k, but have you had an eye test?
    I used to have issues and now riding in prescription glasses makes a huge difference to my riding in the woods, both day and night. I really struggled at dusk without them an was always first to put on my lights (back in the day when I rode with other people)

benp1

I had the U2 mini

Great light, great value, used more on the road than off road, generally in my bars too

Have upgraded to other lights since for various reasons, would still recommend

muggomagic

TimP I need to, but never get round to actually doing it. A colleague mentioned a couple of days ago that work can arrange free eye tests. So I’ll look into that Monday.

I ended up getting a mk7 Diablo as my lbs had one on offer with £60 off. Still haven’t had a chance to use it (other than as a torch) as the evenings have been light enough not to need it yet.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Torch style helmet light’ is closed to new replies.