Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Torch, pocket size
  • Premier Icon CheesybeanZ

For some bizarre reason both the in-laws want a bright pocket size torch.
    Rechargeable would be good but not essential.
    Any recommendations?

Premier Icon p7eaven
    Free Member

Bookmarked. Want to get one for Mrs P as she currently nicks my bike light.

Ideally:

USB (not essential)
    Stands on (flat) end-cap
    Warm/neutral white
    Doesn’t cost an organ

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Have a look at olight.

Premier Icon modchop

I can recommend the Fenix brand too, depends on budget really.

I’ve had a Fenix PD35 for around 5 years so it’s been superseded now but still going strong, runs on either a rechargeable 18650 or two CR123 primary cells.

Premier Icon derek_starship
    Free Member

I use an O light. Has a very useful flat, magnetic base. It replaced a Fenix that failed after about 18 months.

Premier Icon martymac

Big larry.
    Several sizes, starting around a tennner up to £30 for the super duper rechargeable version.

Premier Icon sofaboy73
    Free Member

I’d second fenix, their torches and head torches are pretty indestructible. Also have a look at LED lensar. Both make decent lights

Premier Icon jimw
    Free Member

Do they want a bright spot light or one with a diffuse beam? Is it for walking out at night?
    If a diffuse light I have a couple of these nebo torches which have been very good
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/nebo-ne6373-lil-larry-led-torch-3-x-aaa/9107v

Premier Icon Cougar

If I were getting a pocket torch tomorrow I’d be getting this.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Keychain-Rechargeable-Flashlight-Charging-A1/dp/B07CNWLDGJ/

I’m got a similar one by MecArmy and it’s ace.

Premier Icon mmcd

I have a couple couple of Nitecore e4k’s they seem to fit the bill.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

I got one of these and been rather impressed with the build quality etc

£25.94 | ON THE ROAD U16 USB Flashlight Type-C USB Direct Charging mini LED flashlight torch Outdoor Flashlight small

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOKe2TT

It’s quite a floody beam

Premier Icon CountZero

OLight do a range of quality lights, as do Fenix and lots of others. Having a magnetic charging capability is really handy, it has to be said; I’ve got a PowerTac flashlight with that facility, and it beats having to take the battery out to recharge it – there are some with USB-C charging as well, although some, like Imalent have taken a different tack and developed their own high-discharge cells with a USB-C port to charge the battery, which is easier than needing a charger that plugs into the mains.
    Edit: I’d forgotten that there are USB charging leads which have a pair of magnetic contacts on each end, so you can charge any Li-ion cell easily, from a car USB port, or a powerpack. Fenix and OLight do them.

Premier Icon kerbdog
    Free Member

Olight Sr1 baton. compact bright and rechargable. magnetic base and pocket clip which is pretty clever design too.

Premier Icon Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’ve got a Skilhunt H04 and it’s amazing. Small, goes from very dim for dark adjusted eyes to incredibly bright. USB rechargeable. Mine’s the RC version for the most diffuse light pattern.

Premier Icon derek_starship
    Free Member

Olight Sr1 baton. compact bright and rechargable. magnetic base and pocket clip which is pretty clever design too.

That’s the one I have. It has three brightness levels (max 500 lm) plus strobe and repeating SOS sequence.

Premier Icon retrorick

I rate the 2 zanflare F1 torches I own. Only paid around £30 each for them. Use one off road and one as an edc.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.