Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Topical 'Mint Sauce'
  • jekkyl

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How much are Mint Sauce key rings wrth these days?

the-muffin-man

How much is a ‘mint’ copy of the Eternal Reek of Damp Wool worth!?

jekkyl

@dtf
    you couldn’t lend me one for a bit could you?

redthunder
    Free Member

Key rings with value ?

Tell me about it ?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

ewe couldn’t lend me one for a bit could you?

FTFY

I dunno, it’s pinned to my notice board at the moment. What’re you gonna do with it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else think this was going to be about the application of minty-arse-lard?

jekkyl

I was thinking about getting it copied in sterling silver. My gods it’s a dull tuesday at work and I’m dreaming of bicycle riding.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bloody heatwave here chap!
    Moff for a ride as soon as I get home.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sounds like a cracking money making scheme. Then pretend to sell them on here?

I’ll be able to hold my head high in the “60k a year is poor” thread.

redthunder
    Free Member

Are these key rings as rare as Elvis or UFO sightings ?

jekkyl

trying to find that mint sauce strip where he’s riding in the rain and peeks through to a day with sunshine.

jekkyl

this one’s good too.

jekkyl

ahh haaa found it, love the look of desolation on his face when he walks away.

madeupname
    Free Member

Jekyll, Are they your scanned versions or are they online somewhere?

Brings back distant memories of my youth, pining for Pace with purple bits….

madeupname
    Free Member

May have answered my own question.

http://www.thisiswhy.ip3.co.uk/

So that’s tonight wasted as I relive my youth…. And still try to break the runes

iolo
    Free Member

Jekkyl,
    Are you Jo Burt?

RustySpanner

I think JoB is Jo Burt.

I love Mint.
    And I really don’t care how sychophantic that makes me sound.
    It just seems to encapsulate all I love about MTB’ing.

So there.

L B Jefferies.

CountZero

Love Mint, and always have, but I stopped buying bike mags some years ago, and still miss reading Mint. It’s great the strips are on-line, but I have a problem with the quality of the scans, and that’s the really obvious show-through from the other side of the page, clearly seen in those jekkyl posted. Dead easy to prevent, I used to scan printed pages all the time, all that’s needed is a sheet of opaque black card on the reverse of the page when scanning.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Always been a fan of the sheep, reminds me of happy carefree days riding in hideous fluorescent clothing. This is my FB cover image:

jekkyl

I know countzero, these are clearly photocopied but if they were put online by the artist why didn’t he scan the originals?

bearnecessities

I’m crap at cycling now, I walked away when my friends started this “downhill” business. I didn’t understand it, have the skill to execute it or desire to die, and they were buying bikes that were heavier than a metro, whilst I was still cutting down purple bars and drilling holes in chainrings to save weight.

I love Mint though; takes me right back to carefree, happy days of trackstanding, crappy tabletops and SPD induced mega bunny-hops, long summers and seeing how fast you could go down a massive hill(52mph for me 😀 )- all the memories why I recently went to such silly lengths recently to buy the bike I wanted back in 1996.

Shame I hardly ride it 😳

Edit: Just realised RTC used the phrase “carefree happy days”!

piemonster

Wipes tear from cheek

Nipper99
    Free Member

How much do you want for your copy of the Eternal Reek – someone borrowed my copy years ago never to be seen again 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I love Mint though; takes me right back to carefree, happy days of trackstanding, crappy tabletops and SPD induced mega bunny-hops, long summers and seeing how fast you could go down a massive hill(52mph for me )- all the memories why I recently went to such silly lengths recently to buy the bike I wanted back in 1996.

Bula hats for slalom markers? Isn’t it? Wasn’t it?

Halcyon days indeed!

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t like Mint Sauce, but I love mint sauce.

Crazy times.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I can’t look at it these days, I was so much of a fan BITD that I gave Jo some stuff I had for sale in the classifieds in return for a scribble on a scrap of paper, best part of ten years on I have never received said scribble so I take the chance to embarrass the man at every time I can 👿

bearnecessities

Bula hats for slalom markers?

Jumpers for goalposts 😀

Manuals off Torquay seafront walls, your LBS, getting ‘air’ off the most random of objects, cake shops, purple, Kona, Stumpjumper, USE, Girvin …

Happy, happy days!

duckman

What was it you had for sale? an original MS keyring and an ingot of silver? For all that he was a sod on here, it reminds me of dreaming of a splatter paint job Cindercone…

DickBarton

Where is the one with the dad teaching Mint to ride?

Jamie
    Free Member
    Rubber_Buccaneer

Happy days indeed, living on the South Downs meant the cartoons always look just like where I ride. I still have a bula hat (a normal looking fleece type) and some Bean Bag tights in my cycle draw from back in the day. I still have a very second hand looking ‘Death Scene’ Mint Sauce Tshirt

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

duckman – Member

What was it you had for sale? an original MS keyring and an ingot of silver? For all that he was a sod on here, it reminds me of dreaming of a splatter paint job Cindercone…
    Well it was only a pair of skewers, but that’s not the point, this is STW!
    When I bought it up the first time he came out with some bollocks about forgetting & how he was going to retrieve my address from his boiler, but I guess he had subsequent problems on here that turned out to be more pressing? 😉

Vern0n
    Free Member

Ahhhhhhhh! Beautiful! Must go to the loft…

DavidB
    Free Member

Just to offer some balance. Jo did us an artwork for the Russ Appeal shirts many years back. He spent ages on it and did it for nowt, gave it to the charity royalty free and we raised £1000’s selling the shirts. Jo signed a load of them and I’ll never forget he carefully folded and wrapped each back into the plastic covers. As far as I’m concerned he’s a top f**cking bloke. I’m sure he’s made a few slips like all of us.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

DavidB – Member

Just to offer some balance. Jo did us an artwork for the Russ Appeal shirts many years back. He spent ages on it and did it for nowt, gave it to the charity royalty free and we raised £1000’s selling the shirts. Jo signed a load of them and I’ll never forget he carefully folded and wrapped each back into the plastic covers. As far as I’m concerned he’s a top f**cking bloke. I’m sure he’s made a few slips like all of us.

Good on him, maybe his slackness is just confined to STW, nobody could blame him for that now could they 😉

pictonroad

Since I moved down South I often find myself riding through a real life mint Sauce strip;

I still think it hits the spot, I’d absolutely love an original. Does anyone know how to get hold of the man himself?

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Topical 'Mint Sauce'’ is closed to new replies.