Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Topeak Joe Blow Booster: One pump to rule them all?
  • stayhigh

Evening All,

On the look out for a new track pump and tubeless inflator and came across the Joe Blow Booster pump which seems to tick all the boxes if a little spendy. Have always found Topeak pumps to be pretty bombproof but wondered if anyone has any experience of this one in particular or a similar design. Failing that which inflator is good (no home made ghetto jobs please, despite the best intentions I won’t get round to it).

TIA 🙂

argee

I’d just get a normal track pump and any one of the many boosters, you’ll get them cheaper overall and when one invariably breaks, you can replace it cheaper than having an all in one unit.

The Joe Blow’s are nice, i have one, but at the price of that booster one you can get it cheaper by having them separate!

lardman
    Free Member

Mines still going strong after 3 years of abuse. Inflated tons of tyres, with great success.
    It’s not small tho, in fact it’s pretty big and heavy. presure gauge is close to accurate, but not perfect. Great pump.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    haggis1978

Save yourself a ton of money and just buy a garden weed sprayer. Loads of videos on YouTube show you how to adapt it and it takes about 90 seconds with nothing that isn’t reversible involved. £15 or £130?

oikeith

I’ve had mine for 3 or 4 years, its been great for setting up tubeless tyres and day to day use.

Only niggle I had was when I broke the head, I kept chucking it on the floor after pumping up or inflating tubeless tyres, it didnt like it so stopped working, a replacement was less than a tenner and now I treat it a little bit more carefully.

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

As an alternative check out the Bontrager one, bullet proof build and done me well for years and I only paid £79 all in including post etc but may have got a deal at the time I don’t recall.

Never regretted the choice since as every time tubeless has gone up no worries, before it was “interesting”.

James

sofaboy73
    Free Member

you could buy joe blow and a small compressor and be £50 better off. £130 seems like an insane amount. unless you regularly want to change tubeless tyres away from home, your paying a lot for portability that’s not needed. mini compressor will work better and you’ll not struggle to seat even the most awkward tyre / rim combos, normally first time.

benpinnick

I would say the booster is a little flawed as the delivery of air is slow relative to an airshot. Its a good pump in many ways, and the boost option is useful, but its not a one stop solution for all inflation needs IMHO. I think a regular Joe Blow with an airshot is a better technical solution, but more faff.

In summary, it is very good, but it won’t inflate some tyres that an airshot could.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

If you can’t seat a MTB tyre with a Joe Blow I’d suggest your preparation is suspect.

stayhigh

Thanks for the feedback all, I have an Airshot rolling its way to me.

luket

My Airshot sits gathering dust since I got an integrated one in a pump a couple of years ago. The integrated pump makes the alternative seem a faff, if you ask me. I’m sure the Airshot can deliver a bigger blast but so far I haven’t needed it.

luket

P.S. sorry, bit late!

andrewreay

Bit late to this, but for anyone still interested, the JB Booster is available from BikeInn for just over £100. Chunky saving, albeit with a slightly longer delivery time from Spain. They have stock too.

BikeInn Joe Blow Booster £103

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Topeak Joe Blow Booster: One pump to rule them all?’ is closed to new replies.