Top tube child seat – Any experience?

Home Forum Bike Forum Top tube child seat – Any experience?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Top tube child seat – Any experience?
  • tonyd

Be careful of those ^^^. A mate bought one and put a crease in his top tube, closer inspection showed the top of the clamp is a straight edge. Once it was fettled and a new clamping system used (mainly jubilee clips and bits of rubber) it went on OK though and does the job.

Take all the backrest gubbins off too as it’ll just get in the way, he’ll be holding onto your handlebars so won’t be sitting back into it anyway.

Alternatively if you can find one get a LOCT, they’re like hens teeth though so you’ll be lucky to find one.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

mate of mine has just started stocking these:

http://www.co-rider.com/

I’m thinking of putting it on my ancient tank of a hybrid so not to worried about cosmetic damage to the frame.

Like the handles on the co-rider. Looks like a heavy bit of kit though. 5kg shipping weight according to amazon. Review here
    http://carfreecambridge.com/2012/11/co-rider-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

fair enough. not tried one. I’ve got a LOCT tucked away in the shed for when jnr outgrows his weeride

toys19

I have the leco top tube job on two bikes, its a great bit of kit.

Our little one starts school in September and I’m planning to drop him off by bike on route to work. I have a trailer but it’s a bit bulky and a pain top get out of the house in the morning and store during the day. I was thinking of something like this:

Anyone have experience of using and recommend, avoid etc.

He’s a smallish four year old

rickt

Halfords have them for £16.00 — worth a go maybe ?

Premier Icon andysbikeclinic
    Subscriber

Used to have a WeeRide on my Blue Pig. Really recommend them, though for a 4 year old, it may be a bit of a squish for him.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Top tube child seat – Any experience?’ is closed to new replies.