Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Top marks to Sram!
  • boltonjon

I sent my pretty shagged Revelations to Sram in January for a major service

Although the price was a bit eye watering compared to someone like TF Tune, they were returned looking & feeling lovely

Fitted them to my spare bike, and then 2 weeks ago, on their 2nd ride, i realised that i was losing pressure on the top chamber

Sent them back under warranty, explaining that i’d done only 3 rides

The stripped them down, realised that one of the stanctions was badly scratched and fitted new stancions Free of Charge because they didn’t spot it the first time

That is pretty damn good service in my book

Top marks to Sram!! 😀

shepleg
    Free Member

How the hell did they miss the wear in the first place, that’s rather worrying from the supposed ‘experts’ what else have they missed forgotten to do? 🙄

Lifer
    Free Member

Classic STW response

shepleg
    Free Member

Ok so they charge you more, miss something which is pretty easy to see.

They replaced the stantions free of charge as it’s easier to do that than deal with the fall out of there initial f.up

boltonjon

Well, if they had of spotted it in the first place, it would have written of my forks with a £350+ invoice

So, looking at it this way i’m the winner

Lifer – spot on – classic

shepleg
    Free Member

Haha yes top result for you Jon! 😀

Crap performance by SPaM, have you checked the bottom bolts are tight and that they’ve put oil in the lowers 😉

rickon
    Free Member

That’s really good service, a CSU for Rockshox is bonkers money – think £250. So that have them replaced FOC is very good indeed – they shouldn’t have been losing pressure just from scratched stanchions though, but FOC stanchions is tip top – you basically have a new set of forks, new seals, oil set and new uppers.

Well done indeed 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

were they scratched on the inside of the stanchion then?

boltonjon

The feedback I received was that there was some minor scratches on the stanchions which were causing a minor drop in pressure

They said that if they’d realised the damage was there the first time, they would have binned them there and then

To put the pressure drop into context, during 3 hours of riding, the pressure in the top chamber would drop from 160psi to 130psi – so the marks must have been very minor

I sent them in the first time to fix the fore/aft play – the suspension bit was working just fine – so yes – i’ve basically got a new pair of forks now

V happy 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Top marks to Sram!’ is closed to new replies.