Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Top Marks to Hope – Thank You
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

I sent my rear wheel back to hope last week on Monday..
    As mentioned in this thread It has been through 3 sets of axle bearings in less than 22 months.

Received the wheel back this morning..
    I gave Hope a call to find out what was repaired as the invoice didn’t have a description.
    As i suspected the ID of the bearing seats in the hub was to tight, also the axle was on its upper limit. So when all put together the bearings were being crushed to a degree.
    So they replaced the hub and rebuilt the wheel
    so with a bank holiday and a wheel rebuild that’s a quick turn around.

I cannot grumble with that level of after sales service,
    Thank you Hope

onandon
    Free Member

Part of me thinks, good service.
    Another part of me thinks two main parts which are out of tolerance caused an issue that shouldn’t exist.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Yeah there is that side to it, especially when you watch this video from 6mins 40sec you wonder how it could happen.
    [video]https://youtu.be/RjGGvr-Bp9w[/video]

But I’m just great full they have sorted it out

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And top marks that owning 10 hubs 3 bb 4 headsets and countless brakes I’ve never needed their warranty department

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yeah there is that side to it, especially when you watch this video from 6mins 40sec you wonder how it could happen.

As the tool wears out the machine will make smaller and smaller holes, even with good QC you’d only ever check a proportion of hubs, so some will be closer to the correct tolerances than others and some will slip through the net.

Northwind

H8ers and fanbois assemble!

But seriously though, selling you a shoddy, and not cheap, part shouldn’t earn them top marks and we shouldn’t feel grateful when someone fixes their totally avoidable ****up. This isn’t good service, it’s just a late save of bad service. Credit due for the save but don’t forget why they had to make it.

(been there myself with my not-fit-for-purpose hubs, they sent me 2 replacement axles so I had a spare for next time it broke. Um, thanks?)

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Part of me thinks, good service.
    Another part of me thinks two main parts which are out of tolerance caused an issue that shouldn’t exist.

Certainly a bit of this. Their service/warranty is very good – I’ve had to use it many times which does worry me slightly. Too many cracked wheel flanges and an exploded freehub amongst others have put me off somewhat.

whitestone
    Free Member

You can have two items that are within tolerances but when used together don’t quite work right. I’ve a DSLR and a good quality zoom lens – they work fine at normal temperatures but when it’s close to freezing then the autofocus stops working. The camera body works fine with a mate’s lens of the same type and my camera works with his lens. Just one of those things.

The only problem I’ve had with Hope kit has been with their lights but that was sorted by a phone call prior to me sending it in: “have you got this connector? Then do this …”.

molgrips
    Free Member

And top marks that owning 10 hubs 3 bb 4 headsets and countless brakes I’ve never needed their warranty department

Me neither. Had the clamp on Mono Minis snap a short while ago, probably due to being overtightened countless times. Spare lever body £20, brakes still in use.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Top Marks to Hope – Thank You’ is closed to new replies.