Top Gear – Singer 911

Home Forum Chat Forum Top Gear – Singer 911

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Top Gear – Singer 911
  • Oh noes! You mean it isn’t all entirely real?

Next people will be complaining that Eastenders isn’t a documentary.

FFS.

deadlydarcy

Next people will be complaining that Eastenders isn’t a documentary.

No, I don’t think they will.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

It isn’t? Says who? 😯

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Back on to the dogging theme then, binners?

zokes

HOW MUCH for a craptiva in the UK???????

That was a pretty amusing episode all in all, but no idea why they had Steve Tyler on – what a singularly boring lap

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

The Singer was awful I just don’t get the point.

Stig driving with those Caravans was amazing, the boys looked like they had a great laugh with the off road bit too and Stig with Lambo when he started to spin you could see him bringing back under control rather than flying off the track into rolling ball of carbon.

I thought the buying new things just to throw them away was vile.

Yes because that’s why they really did it wasn’t a stunt at all which is whey they used an empty skip.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I watched it last night. May can actually drive, it turns out.

I don’t normally like the caravan smashing nonsense, but that was pretty funny for me, even as a caravanner caravan user. Partly because I’ve always wondered what it would be like to properly rag it with a van on the back.

I do get a little sad though when I see some old car or caravan being deliberately smashed up. They were once someone’s hard earned pride and joy, some family probably had some really great times in them, a special part of someone’s life…

… but then I think they are probably really mouldy and rotten, and I think of all the f’in work I’ve done on mouldy rotten vans and I get more into the spirit of things 🙂

It’s a shame the wheel came off that one on the Stig’s lap, I’d have liked to see a good time being set. Then again, I’d also like to see caravans being towed by some properly powerful car. To set a good lap on the track, but also to see if it’s possible to rip the body off the van by pure power.

My guess is that it’s so expensive because, being American, it’s loaded with more toys than you can even think of. In the absensce of any requirement for handling or driveability in the US, they sell cars based on the toys you can get.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

They were once someone’s hard earned pride and joy, some family probably had some really great times in them, a special part of someone’s life…

And now put to a good use.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Having good times is a good use!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Yup it is, JC and James certainly had good times.

deadlydarcy

Didn’t quite get the buying stuff to throw it away either. The scene in the car park was quite funny though. And the piece on SUVs in general had a message behind all the silliness. That they’re (mostly) just hatchbacks on stilts.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

I think Hammond had the best time of them all though. Pulling off the line in the Siesto Elemento…

WAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAAA

Repeat….

tinsy

My guess is that it’s so expensive because, being American, it’s loaded with more toys than you can even think of. In the absensce of any requirement for handling or driveability in the US, they sell cars based on the toys you can get.

Korea, expensive for Daewoo.

andyl

Didn’t quite get the buying stuff to throw it away either.

I am kind of hoping they took it back out along with the cameraman that was filming from the bottom of the skip.

brakes

That they’re (mostly) just hatchbacks on stilts.

more expensive hatchbacks on stilts

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

Presumabley they should have gone to an actual resturant and trashed that instead? :roll:*

people should be careful what they wish for. I’d love to drench some one who complained that the footage shouldn’t have been faked

and yes I loved the caravan stuff

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

Not seen last night’s episode yet (clashes with kiddie bedtime and I had French ‘zombies’ to watch).

But, if you like 911s, you might like the Bugatti Head of Design’s classic stripped down 1981 Porsche 911 http://www.iainclaridge.co.uk/blog/24093 – I don’t even like cars, but love this.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAY5fRglsb4[/video]

flicker

😀

Walking through the store with axes, shovels, plastic sheeting and bags of lime…..

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

That they’re (mostly) just hatchbacks on stilts.

Well, they have higher towing capacity generally, and 4wd is more likley to be an option. But otherwise yes, silly, and less good than an estate.

nealglover

I do get a little sad though when I see some old car or caravan being deliberately smashed up. They were once someone’s hard earned pride and joy, some family probably had some really great times in them, a special part of someone’s life…

Driving past a scrap yard must be like watching a snuff movie for you 🙂

nicko74

Peaslake car park for the dogging?

I’ve seen a fair few used condoms there, so it seems quite fitting. Got it on iplayer, ready to watch ce soir

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Driving past a scrap yard must be like watching a snuff movie for you

More like one of those sad tearjerkers.

Boba Fatt

for fans of the Singer:

http://www.reelhouse.org/mos/urbanoutlaw/

Can’t link to the video for some reason

Houns

I’m sure they haven’t left the stig in the skip either 🙄

zokes

Well, I spotted ours lurking amongst that lot… You won’t get a caravan up here:

Goog’s Track by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear – Singer 911’ is closed to new replies.