Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Top Gear Haterz Amnesty?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Through gritted teeth I watched last night’s episode.

It was just worth it to see the hill climb out of the quarry. Mightily impressed by the Bentley’s stopping and going performance.

The whole camping and campfire drivel has been done to death. The cattle round up was agonizing and the scripted bickering at the end was an all time low point.

Guy Martin in India was utterly superb.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I like Top Gear. Popped it on at the end to catch James May having a scripted argument with Richard Hammond that was so bad (even for Top Gear standards) I switched off.

For the first time, I think I might be starting to agree with other people – it might be coming towards the end of its life… its not a car programme anymore. Its a poorly acted out sitcom.

ThePinkster

Yeah, but that Bentley is nice…..

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Forget the Bentley, that pick up/ute was the muts nuts. What a bike transporter!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to next week; you could watch Call the Midwife and start a thread about it.

It will be riveting, I’m sure.

molgrips
    Free Member

That rear end really reminds me of some American classic car but I can’t find a picture on google when I don’t know what it’s called.

jools182
    Free Member

ScottChegg +1

The predictable moaning about Top Gear is getting far more tiring than the program is

Change the channel

nickc

Guy Martin in India was utterly superb.

On the other hand I switched off after 1/2 hour I thought it was trite and a bit “by the numbers” scripted.

stumpy01

Weeeeeee!

I really enjoyed last nights episode of TG.
    Only thing that bugs me is the test pretence they have to apply to each review…..”we want to test how modern electronics stand up to harsh driving environments”….no you don’t, you just want to rag some fast cars around on dirty roads. Which is fine by me, but just don’t dress it up as something else.

I liked the Guy Martin program. His enthusiasm for stuff just makes me happy, so I could probably watch him doing a knitting program and still enjoy it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aw, the loverz are angry. 🙁

[video]http://youtu.be/AfrYed7UlJI[/video]

ElShalimo

Best bit of Guy Martin program was when he fell in love with tea (all over again)
    His face gave it all away ..without milk & sugar, Urrgh! Then he smiled a smile only a man in love with tea can produce. I think it was an epiphany

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I think more and more self-proclaimed Top Gear fans – myself included – are finding it hard to love the program as much as they did. The tried and tested recipe for TG needs to use some better quality ingredients.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Therez loverz, therez haterz and there’s Zzzzzzzzzzzerz.

Am definitely in the latter camp. Zzzzzzz… Wazza? Pantomanticz? Oh, Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

*Edit – (portmanteau of the day: ‘Mantomime’)

DezB
    Free Member

If I want comedy, I’ll watch comedians. They’re funny. The Top Gear twonks aren’t.
    Sigh, feel better now, thank you.

As an aside, was sat on the sofa with my new lady last night and we were flicking through the telly channels, “Oh Top Gear, I’ll put that on” she says. “No you won’t” says I. “It’s funny” says she… first thing we’ve disagreed about, so I’ll let it go. But I’ve made a note. 😉

nickc

my tolerance for Sunday evening moving wallpaper programming is pretty high TBH, I can watch TG precisely because it’s the same every week. If I had to concentrate in any way, I’d probably realize how many times I’d seen the same thing before.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Did it say anything about the sound system in the Bentley? 😀

brakes
    Free Member

Stig, great in quarry.
    Remainder was beyond bad.
    Including Bentley.

Edukator
    Free Member

Fastback Mustang? Molgrips. That Bently like all Bentley cars says I’m a **** louder than other cars.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

If I do watch TG, generally not live, then I don’t watch the bit’s in between the films. Last night I watched a programme about Birds of Paradise and actually learned something </terminatesmugmode>

munrobiker
    Free Member

I thought last nights was the best in a while, I loved the bit in the quarry.

tonyg2003

I liked the Stig driving the Bentley part. I do think the look on Clarkson’s face was genuine when May thrashed him.

It’s low brow entertainment with someone who likes to be controversial not much more.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Anyone who deliberately spells a word which should end with an ‘s’ with a z deserves to be flogged to within an inch of their lives.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh Noes! Not me you boring old shitez?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Anyone else think there was something going on behind the scenes with regards to the Stig driving the GTR in the hill climb? Seemed a bit fishy to me.

Just a guess but I don’t think Nissan would like to have been beaten in that part of the test based on how they market the GTR (could have lost to the Bentley with JM behind the wheel) possible stipulation they could only have the car if Stig drives it in any competitive test?

66deg
    Free Member

Your place or mine but which of these paddlez?

scaredypants

…like all Bentley cars says I’m a **** louder than other cars

Although in yellow, even slightly louder again 😀

Cougar

66deg, that’s terrible.

If you used them the writing would be back to front.

CountZero

That Bentley like all Bentley cars says I’m a **** louder than other cars.

No, that’ll be some twonk in Knightsbridge with a Lambo coated in mirror-finish vinyl.
    Bentley do have a long and proud racing history.
    I wouldn’t have one in Canary yellow, mind, it’d have to be BRG.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I whole heartly agree OP …. and this is very true

It was just worth it to see the hill climb out of the quarry

However

With the fantastic shots of the GTR drifting around the bends… why do they keep cutting back to their stupid faces ??

I wonder what the ratio is… of minutes of car in the frame, against their ugly mugs ?

66deg
    Free Member

And their would be an extra O in good 😳

PrinceJohn

Anyone else think there was something going on behind the scenes with regards to the Stig driving the GTR in the hill climb? Seemed a bit fishy to me.

James May had him in the boot? Didn’t you see? 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear Haterz Amnesty?’ is closed to new replies.