Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 328 total)
  • Top Gear – Back this Sunday
  • Pook

I’m enjoying this one.

Jamie
    Free Member

7.8/10.

Even the Rory Reid/celeb bit was good.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It’s a great series so far, lets hope they can continue this into the future.

Pook

It got better and better tonight. I’m no TG fan boi – that was just good telly.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

That was the best SIARFC segment of this series; Tinie Tempah was a great guest, but looked mighty p***sed off with his time 😆

Aside from that, the rest of the show never quite sustained the excitement levels generated by the opening Bugatti segment, but it was still very entertaining.

Does anyone else think they’re following this thread and adjusting the content of the show each time? It feels like it 😆

GrahamS

Has it been mentioned that Colin Furze is busy building a 600cc 100bhp three-wheel dodgem for the Stig to drive?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEQopnaHipo[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKANFyeGXxc[/video]

😀

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Something I’d noticed on last weeks show when MLB was testing that Aston Martin – whilst I have no love for Clarkson, when he says “this might be the best car that <insert car maker name here> have ever made” then there’s a fair chance he’s tried most of them and has that experience to state that. MLB? Nah, how can he make that assertion?

But generally all good fun and entertaining. Exactly what TGT isn’t (apart form the first episode with the Porsche, laFerrari and McLaren).

rs
    Free Member

Does anyone else think they’re following this thread and adjusting the content of the show each time? It feels like it

Pretty sure Chris Harris rides a mtb, I recall a video with him having a bike in the back of a Ferrari, so you could be right! Was another decent one for me last night.

spawnofyorkshire

Nah, how can he make that assertion?

He’s a multi-millionaire petrol-head. Whilst I reckon he won’t have driven as many different cars as a moto-journo like Clarkson, he’ll probably have driven a lot more than a regular Joe*

Speeder

rs – Member
    Does anyone else think they’re following this thread and adjusting the content of the show each time? It feels like it

Pretty sure Chris Harris rides a mtb, I recall a video with him having a bike in the back of a Ferrari, so you could be right! Was another decent one for me last night.

I imagine the comments in the main are pretty universal across many different fora/forums/whatever way they get their feedback. This is a pretty broad cross section of the middle class male so pretty core audience for TG I’d imagine. I daresay the Pistonheads Topgear is Back thread looks very similar in tone. Not that I can be bothered to look as it’s often full of objectionable car snobs.

Klunk
    Free Member

nuts 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGr0oifJMEI[/video]

Harry_the_Spider

Chris Hoy is the guest this week apparently. It will be interesting to see what his time is considering his “hobby”.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Harris rides an Orange.

Drac

Watched the current one last night it was great fun again. Chris Harris was very good in the Bugatti bit he needs to transfer that style to the studio.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

There’s a feature on King of The Hammers on this weeks show apparently with Rob Butler and Jim Marsden coaching the Top Gear Presenters George Lewis and Rory Reid in a head to head off-Road Race, should be a good laugh, wonder what ultra 4 toys they’ll be let loose in! 😀

nickc

if you fed Colin Furze amphetamines…would anyone notice?

GrahamS

I like the YouTube comments:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh man…that Ford GT! All that for just $400k. 😀 Bite my hand off.

crazy-legs

Great episode tonight and Chris Hoy has properly smashed the Star in the Car time! Impressive stuff.

jimmy

I just watched my first 2 mins of this series – hate to say without Clarkson but it seemed a bit lifeless and cringey. Tarbet than just cringey with.

Drac

Great episode again.

bigdaddy

Loved it again tonight, those off-roaders are nuts!! And the ford gt is gorgeous…

stumpy01

Brilliant episode, that one! 😆

spacemonkey

Not really enthused with it either.

Chris and Rory – for all their knowledge, skill and enthusiasm – have no charisma in the studio. The scripting seems even more staged than before. And as for including EJ … not for me.

Enjoyed the Hammers piece – probably helped by messing around with a Traxxas Summit with monkey jnr!

All in all it’s fun in parts but not very likeable.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was fun.

Eddie Jordan is terrible, however. Utterly terrible.

Also, I NEED one of those trucks.

mtbfix

That was the first episode of TG (old and new) and TGT that I have watched all of. No ffwd through siarpc either.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just shows there isn’t a problem that can’t be solved by removing Chris Evans.

iain1775
    Free Member

I just watched my first 2 mins of this series – hate to say without Clarkson but it seemed a bit lifeless and cringey. Tarbet than just cringey with.

I hope you will excuse me if I ignore any opinion formed on watching just 2 minutes

Harry_the_Spider

just watched my first 2 mins of this series

Gave it a fair chance then? I’ve only seen 120 seconds of The Godfather. It was shit.

Enjoyed tonight’s episode. That off road thing looked nuts.

CountZero

Just shows there isn’t a problem that can’t be solved by removing Chris Evans.

😆
    That Ford GT! Beautiful car, and I love the sound.

kelvin

2 good episodes in a row. Blimey.

pondo

… without Clarkson but it seemed a bit lifeless and cringey

Irony!

lazybike
    Free Member

Obviously all the car segments are great, and individually the presenters are ok, I’m not including EJ in that…but it still feels a bit forced when they’re all together.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Best show yet! I quite enjoyed the EJ piss take, they treated him like an annoying little brother!
    Chris Harris is emerging as my favourite presenter closely followed by Le Blanc.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I think the presenting is poor. The conversation rarely flows and there are so many silences and awkward gaps. It’s painful.

flange
    Free Member

Really enjoyed last nights show. I’ve watched the King of Hammers stuff for the past few years so would good to see a TV show cover it. Harris is ace, as is Joey and I’m warming to Rory. The electric drift car where they’re all laughing had me properly lol’ing

theteaboy
    Free Member

I agree that some of the dialogue is tricky (and Eddie J is awful) and I still watch some bits on fast forward but the thing that’s new, and that I really like, is that they do seem to be genuinely having fun – and that’s quite infectious.

joefm

I really enjoyed these last two episodes, even EJ was ok. Just shows how bad evans was Fear Rory is becoming a bit lost though – poor chap.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blah, this weeks was a bit blah di blah.

Never been a huge fan of EJ, glad to see it reinforced. But the 4×4 madness that was the race, quite exciting.
    SIARPC was a bit bland, everyone knows Chris can drive a bit but it was nice to hear he’s continuing racing, last years Le Mans was fabulous.

But hey.

maccruiskeen

I just watched my first 2 mins of this series – hate to say without Clarkson but it seemed a bit lifeless and cringey.

Clarkson and co seemed over-rehearsed. Now it feels like you’re watching the first rehearsal.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 328 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear – Back this Sunday’ is closed to new replies.