Top downhill routes in the UK?

Home Forum Bike Forum Top downhill routes in the UK?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Top downhill routes in the UK?
  • peterfile

Think the OP meant a full 500m drop in height….not sure anywhere in Calderdale fits his narrow criteria no matter how good the riding

ahahahah ooops!

500m+ in height???!! 😯

i would have thought getting up there would make most of these “runs” a bit of of most peoples’ reach.

swavis – Member

Descent to Annat in Torridon.

Descent to Achnashellach is better 😉

Descent to Annat from the side of Ben Damph is also a cracker. Carn Ban Mor, Morrone, that one into Glen Clova etc….all jolly good fun.

chriswilk

Carn Ban mor, Bynack mor, singletrack off Burma road – all in Cairngorms.
    Innerleithen from top of Minch moor
    Dollar Law to Peebles
    Mount keen
    Capel Month to clova

Many, many more in scoltand – just look at a map

what? man you need to go to the top! 😀

the first bit is loose shale/rocks that gets you up to mega speed sharpish, then take the left hand route over the grass as the shale turns to the right – that makes a big old difference. We used to go up loads and on a clear day/evening you can see for miles and miles.

i may have stayed at that wiston place with the bbs as well

i would LOVE if STW/Ragely organised a mini DH race there

its been done.

Some kid also tried to do it ‘properly’ by advertising a downhill race, using Barely Legal as the top section, down into the lower section of Blue Pig. Good idea – holding a DH race on a footpath! Council or whoever got wind and pulled the plug but there’d been a ‘practice day’ type thing up there anyway and royally fecked it up.

grum

Ben Lomond definitely – it’s amazing.

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

I got Given “Mountain biking in Europe” – ISBN: 978 1 906098 31 5

For Chrismas last year.

Its not too Disipline specific and has a fair few locations for you to consider, plus England, Wales and Scotland each have a separate section…

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Top downhill routes in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.