Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Top commuting tyres
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Just seen the state of my rear tyre. Oops. The tread has come away on half the circumference and its down to the canvass on much of the shoulders…

But 5yrs and 5k miles of London thrashing seems good vfm

Bonty race something or other 32c, but hard case carcass. Not a single puncture. I’ve just dropped £40 on a 38c marathon to replace it. That’s a meaty bit of rubber. I hope it lasts as long.

I did get 3,000 miles out of some conti top touring without getting a single puncture once as well

benp1

Bontrager hard case lite – used to have some of those, was pretty pleased with them. Looks like you’ve had good use out of them

I’m on marathon+ on my commuter, and a marathon on my brompton. Unfortunately the latter got punctured by a drawing pin. Popped into a shop near work to have it fixed, but had a very annoying walk back to office pushing my bike grrr

tjagain

conti protection tyres here – I use travel contacts but have also used sport contacts. Longevity OK, puncture resistance impressive, grip good.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I use Bonty H5s 32 they are really good they come on there Trek gravel bikes have tried fair few conti tyres with all there protection but seem to get to many punctures with them not so with the Bontys and am using the same roads and cyclepath to commute.

DezB
    Free Member

5 years!? Blimey, I shall see if my Schwalbe S-Ones last that long! Never had a tyre last more than a year I reckon.

TiRed

Vittoria Open Pave 25c and 27c. It’s IT’s all about the ride 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Top commuting tyres’ is closed to new replies.