Top chain device for Spesh FSR swingarm mount

Home Forum Bike Forum Top chain device for Spesh FSR swingarm mount

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Top chain device for Spesh FSR swingarm mount
  • orangeboy

I have a mrp top guide on my enduro and works a treat bolts straight on in place of the front mech
    But not tried to fit any to a camber

andysmiff1

I’ve been running the e13 one that bolts on in place of the front mech on my camber running 1×10 – no issues at all!

I think it’s called the S3 mount? Got mine from CRC.

KevinPP

Lovely. Thanks guys. Shame about the prices though..!

andysmiff1

Yeah, a bit steep but the quality of the e13 is way above the superstar – had one of those on another bike and the e13 is far far better!

KevinPP

Been running my Camber 1 x 10 since I got it and it’s been fine with the Type 2 rear mech, only dropped the chain twice in 4 months. Until today. Now the trails are running faster and I’m using the small cog at the back more the mech doesn’t seem to have enough tension in it to keep the chain tight enough and it came off 3 times today.
    So, anyone found a top chain device that will fit using the front mech mounting on the swingarm?
    I’m thinking of maybe the Superstar XCR with its long arm, maybe with a bit of fettling?
    Cheers

KevinPP

Update – ordered an S3 mount E13 guide. I got it to fit but only after a bit of bodging (only using one bolt and a load of spacers) so I don’t think it can be S3. Seems to be a unique Spesh fitting. Probably could have got the Superstar one to fit just as well at half the price… Oh well.

KevinPP

Update – ordered an S3 mount E13 guide. I got it to fit but only after a bit of bodging (only using one bolt and a load of spacers) so I don’t think it can be S3. Seems to be a unique Spesh fitting. Probably could have got the Superstar one to fit just as well at half the price… Oh well.

andysmiff1

Hmmm, that doesn’t sound right?!

Mine was an S3 mount and fitted straight on! Have you got the specialized DMD plate fitted to the bike before you fitted the e13?

Looks like this –
    Mount

KevinPP

Doh! Didn’t see that bit. Just had a closer look at the front mech (luckily I hadn’t sold it) and it’s still bolted on to it… I’ll try again. Retires sheepishly to corner of room.

andysmiff1

No worries!

Bolt that back on to the bike with one bolt at the back, then the two bolts for the e13 go thought the e13 mount and the DMD plate.

I didn’t need any spacers on mine – lined up perfect with no rub on an XT crank, but you should have the e13 offset plates if you need them for fine tuning.

Let us know how you get on!

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

I’m using the Bionicon one on my Stumpjumper and I’m really pleased with my lack of chain loss!

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Are you sorted? I have a Specialized 1×10 guide from an Epic Evo somewhere- I had it fitted on my Camber Pro but switched it back to gears to sell it. Brilliant wee thing, slightly fiddly to fit but once on it was perfect… Let me know if you’re interested, I guess I’d be after £20 for it (on the one hand I think they’re basically unobtainable new, on the other, I don’t really have any use for it!)

KevinPP

Hi Northwind. I’m sorted thanks. Still needed a couple of shims to space it on the front but fitted and working, although not tried it on the trails yet. Thanks all.

andysmiff1

Northwind – YGM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Top chain device for Spesh FSR swingarm mount’ is closed to new replies.