Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Top 3 Au Naturale downhills
  • swavis

The descent off Morrone, SW of Braemar is a cracker.

DaveGti
    Free Member

Awesomes… there's enough info on here to book my weekends up till october… my g/friend will not be happy 😀

thinking of doin some of the grizedale/parkamoor ones or head up borrowdale way on Saturday

devs
    Free Member

Seeing as we're including slabbed up trails then the walker's path down Ben Rinnes is fandabbydozy if you can hit it when there are no walkers about. It's a ball ache climb too. Got to do me Torridon this year.

el_boufador

Can I just say – what a great thread! I am itching to ride my bike now.
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

sangobegger
    Free Member

Ben wyvis is rather fun,wot with the new path an all.Top can be scary fast with a following wind and the odd hidden rock in the heather.Descent down An Caber is ultra steep.2.5hrs walking with 25 min descent.Pick a good day tho!!!

juan
    Free Member

druidh – he wasn't the only one to keep on pinch flatting – although I didn't – did you? Slow and steady wins again

Yeah specially since druidh went off track once 😉 and I pinch flat only because I had to over take both of you 😉
    Plus TJ is overrating the climb it's easy peasy. Just makes sure you have a stove and 5 very warm layers as you'll be freezing to death at the top.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

This thread merely confirms how bloody ace the UK is for biking if you're prepared to suffer and push and carry a bit on the climbs 🙂

clareymorris

Trail-rat your photos are making my mouth water!! We are heading up to Dunkeld and are planning on doing the Loch Muick route at easter. We are also hoping to do Mount Keen and the Fungle road too……..weather not looking to hot at the moment though for easter weekend!!

marionheck
    Free Member

Clarey – might want to bring your skis as well!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOL @ Juan

You did look a bit cold at the top.

acorlett

Clarey, +1 for marionheck's comment – I'd be surprised if the Loch Muick or the Fungle Road/Mount Keen route were free of snow.

clareymorris

I was thinking that – ah well snow seems to be the default riding surface this winter!!!!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Hit a couple of patches of snow on the ride this morning. Trouble is it is very slushy so the bike just digs in and won't move, even going downhill. Horrible

Another factor for those visiting us up here is that the months of frost have heaved the surface of the LR tracks so they are MUCH harder work than normal

trail_rat
    Free Member

bennachies paths are snow free dave

i expect they get more traffic than mt keen – i chose to do a TT rather than ride mt keen today as had been my original plan !

clareymorris

I might have to ask you Scotland dwellers for a snow update next week……….!!

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Top 3 Au Naturale downhills’ is closed to new replies.