Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • toothache remedies
  • dogbert
    Free Member

I’ll take any sensible suggestions
    So far I’ve tried clove oil, painkillers, smearing bonjela on the affected area, cotton balls soaked in whisky clamped on my tooth (which is no good as I’ll be driving tomorrow) and I’ve soaked the tooth in salt water, which nearly made me sick

Any thing else?

Incidentally, clove oils a bit mental, first time I’ve used it and I thought my face was going to peel off

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Dentist??

Although my own recent experience shows this to be pretty bloody tough to sort out

Imagine what would happen if the doctors all opted out of the NHS like my local dentists seemed to have done

glupton1976
    Free Member

antiinflammatories instead of painkillers.

eugeo81
    Free Member

Drink the bottle of whisky!

dogbert
    Free Member

Been to the dentist today, need root canal, but don’t have an appointment for that till January 8th

sugdenr
    Free Member

apparently clove oil slowly kills the nerves, but guess that’s not gonna be a problem….8th Jan? – I think you need to find another dentist to do the marathon man on you.

bramblerash
    Free Member

length of string, a tin of paint and a 2nd floor window is what you need. It’ll sort the pain right out

Northwind

Pliars will do the job quickly and easily.

Oh no, he’s busy, get Chaka Demus to do it instead.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Crush up ice in a freezer bag and lie down with it under the affected area, won’t be much fun for the first couple of mins but after that you should notice a big difference.

wagenwheel

Smooth peanut butter has worked for me in the past. I don’t know how it works but it cured my pain instantly. I told my Dentist and he looked at me like I was ‘nuts’ 🙂

http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114231

andypaul99
    Free Member

corsadyl will kill the bacteria causing the pain as should TCP, but try corsadyl first. get the original rather than the daily which is watered down. its recommended by most dentists – its only a tempoary fix though

PMK2060

If you ring nhs direct or go on their website you will be able to find an emergency dentist centre who will be able to sort you out within 24 hours. You should not have to suffer until the 8th Jan. When I had really bad toothache I used a combo of paracetamol & ibuprofen which can be taken at the same time. Also used bonjela and clove oil although I was told to only put clove oil on the tooth not the gums. Clove oil helped with the pain more than anything else.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘toothache remedies’ is closed to new replies.