Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Tooth fairy how much does she leave these days?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

My daughter just lost her first tooth and she's made up. 😀

What is the "tooth fairy's" going rate these days?

scaredypants

quid in our house – I'd have been tighter but the wife got in there 1st

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

£2 for us

porterclough
    Free Member

A pound. Or at least it was four or five years ago. My son checked with all his mates at school too so knew what to expect.

higgo
    Free Member

20p here.

MoreCashThanDash

£1 at this house.

My lad swallowed his first and had to leave a note, but the tooth fairy still paid up.

The second tooth, the tooth fairy took the tooth but he must have knocked the coin out from under his pillow in his sleep and lost it under the bed. He was devasted that the tooth fairy had robbed him! He left another note and the tooth fairy left the money the next night. (We did find the first coin later…)

Eagerly awaiting the disaster for his third tooth…

NB – do not keep the baby teeth as a memento – he may find them and keep recycling them under his pillow till you finally twig that he has lost 43 baby teeth….

nickc

£1 here as well

FB-ATB

I'm going to be hit by karma in a few years time. When my nephew lost his first tooth (long before any FB jnrs were considered), I told him the rate was a £5, to his parent's horror. Now FB jnr & Little Miss FB are here, they keep reminding me and mentioning the effect of inflation!

dawson

50p here, sometimes takes a few days before she visits too (if i haven't got any change..)

dawson

oops, double post

allthepies
    Free Member

Just tell them that "we're all in this together" and there's ****-all this year.

luke
    Free Member

sliding scale in our house depending on size could be 50p, £1 or £2, its also the only coins I don't put straight in a jar

CHB

Normally a £2 coin in our house. Or a quid if not perfect tooth!

miketually
    Free Member

It was a quid here, and 50p for the second.

The tooth fairy almost forgot with the second one, as she'd had a couple of beers, but luckily she remembered before going to bed and, equally luckily, she had some change.

Lionheart
    Free Member

ours got a hand written note in tiny writing on a piece of rip up art paper with some thoughts on them and what needs to happen, with a very shiney 50p coin up to … then £1 coin later always signed A Prentice Toothfairy, all notes have been kept!! and often notes and drawing were sent back to A Prentice!!!

the-muffin-man

£1 at our house

montylikesbeer

ten bob max

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I hate to dissappoint you all, but along with "Father Christmas", unicorns and god, there's no such thing as the tooth fairy…

Ah, but then you knew that already. Why are you gulling your children?

😐

WTF
    Free Member

£2 coin.

miketually
    Free Member

I hate to dissappoint you all, but along with "Father Christmas", unicorns and god, there's no such thing as the tooth fairy…

Then who leave the money and takes the tooth?

Ah, but then you knew that already. Why are you gulling your children?

I take it you've no kids then, mr woppit?

mogrim

lol@allthepies 🙂

2 euros here, 1 from the Tooth Fairy and another from Ratoncito Perez. Both of whom definitely exist.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Unfortunately as i work in the public sector my daughter's tooth fairy contributions are going to be frozen at £1 for the next 10 years – a reduction in real terms, however irresponsible children of private sector parents who have accidentally knocked all of their teeth out through profligate risk can keep their six figure tooth fairy bonuses, but hey c'est la vie!!

carlosg
    Free Member

We haven't reached tooth loss yet so I'm following this with interest , but felt I should mention that in our house as a child all tooth fairy money was left in the bathroom next to the toothbrushes!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Tooth fairy how much does she leave these days?’ is closed to new replies.