Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Too old for 'girl-friend'?
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

+1 girlfriend. Everybody who I know who has tried to elevate girlfriend to “partner” seems to have run out of confidence at the last minute and added a qualifier to make sure the audience understand it’s a lady!

pingu66
    Free Member

Wallet vampire! I have dated a few. Now I am very happy with my beautiful girlfreind and I introduce her to different people in different ways, also we are a little to old for BF and GF, in 46 she is 51. Depends on who and where.

igm

I think Crikey has it. She has a name, give her the room to define herself. And it keeps everyone guessing which is always good (except us of course – we know, we do)

CountZero

Irrespective of age, if we weren’t living together, then GF. If living together, then it would be whatever the lady in question is comfortable with. I’d be be happy with someone who says, ‘call me anything you want, just don’t call me late to dinner’. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

El Bintos

epicyclo

My woman…

Northwind

My boss calls his Significant Other his girlfriend, he’s in his 50s I believe (though the most energetic youthful 50 year old you could imagine). It sounds fine tbh, it’s all about how you say it. Course, she could be 12.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Missus?

hmanchester
    Free Member

+1 girlfriend.

It’s a good term, especially when compared to partner etc. Don’t worry about the age thing.

aracer
    Free Member

my mistress

djglover
    Free Member

Predumably all these references to sperm donorship i / receivership are inappropriate if you are old?

Smudger666

How about ” of all the girls I’ve ever loved, this one is that latest”

pingu66
    Free Member

I actually do use girlfriend mostly. If people conjure up something in their heads that represents itself as anything other than a mutual loving relationship between two people that really is their issue.

hora
    Free Member

Zelda?

godzilla
    Free Member

Wench.
    Me Julie.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Formal = Partner
    Informal = Her Name

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

The Handbrake 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

Partner.

Mrs MTG is my Hoochie Coochie Woman.
    I’m her Gentleman Caller.

tlr

Trade her in for one in the aforementioned 18-30 bracket, and then you’ll be happy to call her your girlfriend…..

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’m 44, my girlfriend is 50, she is more than happy to be referred to as my ‘girlfriend’.

wavejumper
    Free Member

Pipe lagging, monster muncher, tardis, snake magnet, bearded clam, money pit. 😯

AdamW
    Free Member

Look chaps, yeah I’m a party-pooper but I really don’t think some of the “names” mentioned in this thread are appropriate. 🙁

Ask your lady friend, I would guess “girlfriend” or “partner” is ok.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Introduce her as your sister and then take every opportunity to pinch her bum and cast lewd remarks at her in front of everyone.

I so must do this! 😆

zbonty

Partner sounds crap imo. Infers a business relationship.

wheelie

I am 62. I am her partner and she is my girlfriend!

jojoA1
    Free Member

I hate being called ‘partner’, it’s so po-faced, too ‘reverent’ and proper. I prefer being a ‘girlfriend’. I’m 43.
    Not even sure I’d be happy with ‘wife’ if I ever became one again I’m just not ‘wifely’. I’d prefer to be an ironic ‘missus’.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Carer? Handler?

BigJohn

Fiancee or Posslq. Pronounced posselqueue. Person of opposite sex sharing living quarters.

float
    Free Member

current squeeze

scotchegg
    Free Member

Are (our) Girt.

It just works for no apparent reason…

bigrich

how old are you? because if she’s 50+ and your 30ish, you need to clarify she’s not your mum.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I like that whatever she wishes to be called, on here, she’s Mrs.C.

Except now i think she really would quite like to be Mrs.C.

I regret that turn of phrase…

trevron73
    Free Member

Not Trevor – its Doris isnt it? i have been with Doris for 22 years? she has changed 14 times in 22 years but Doris sticks -job done /

I like the idea that marriage predates our current legal and religious system, so anyone can describe themselves as married if they want to, and the other person(s) in that marriage as their husband or wife.
    It would make the whole thing simpler if you could just refer to someone as your wife or husband, without the assumption of there being a legal contract.
    However, I don’t live with Mrs MTG, so it would lead to a different assumption altogether if I said “I stayed at my wife’s house last night” or “My wife’s coming to visit tomorrow”.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Too old for 'girl-friend'?’ is closed to new replies.