Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Too much Roadie content?
  • winterfold
    Free Member

bikebouy – I think I knew before you were reborn (or is it born again?)

is your previous alter-ego ‘fin’?

Love that pic of EBH et al – he was awesomely hard as yesterday

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I notice that most that moan about the roadie threads don’t really start or contribute much to the other threads. If you’re not interested don’t open the thread, pretty simple really.

fisha
    Free Member

I really like the balance on here at the moment and don’t think it should change. I also think that by having threads on roadie and cx stuff encourages folk to try other forms of cyclimg which can only be a good thing.for example, there is no way I would have considered a cx bike without having read the threads on here about them and then asking about.

This discussion came up years ago iirc, and the decision was to leave it as is.

pedalhead
    Free Member

may I take this opportunity to post a picture of my new road bike? 😀

ooOOoo
    Free Member

More roadie stuff required, I’m looking forward to the day the last MTB’er is forced out of this place.

seems about right

mcboo
    Free Member

can I take this opportunity to post a picture of my new road bike?

You may. Very nice. Is it a Cannondale?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Is it a Cannondale?

What gave it away? 😆

mcboo
    Free Member

You went mental when you chose that paint/carpet combo didnt you? 😛

pedalhead
    Free Member

we like to live dangerously

Junkyard
    Free Member

SLAM IT DOWN – stem should not have that number of spacers ideally it should rest on the headset …seriously what were you thinking of ?What shade of beige went with beige 😉

avdave2

I don’t have a problem with it at all. In fact it’s got me thinking about getting another road or maybe a cx bike. 25 years ago I used to ride a lot on the road and gradually started to take shortcuts off road until I found I was hardly going on the roads at all and that’s when I bought the mountain bike. Now I quite like the idea of a cx bike for mixed riding. I think I’d also do more longer rides in the winter if I had something that did a better job on the roads. I ride off road all year round but I find an hour or so in filthy wet and muddy conditions enough.

bikebouy
    Free Member

At least his bartape looks used, can’t see any hints of discolouration on the hoods, they must be new yeah?? So, you actually ride… goodonya.

My life revolves around “fin”‘s and “bike”‘s and “kite”‘s and “sup”‘s
    I’m not joining a sailing one cos’ that’d be really sad.
    And of all the places I’ve been, this is the one I like most.
    I cover all angles me.

pedalhead
    Free Member

SLAM IT DOWN – stem should not have that number of spacers ideally it should rest on the headset …seriously what were you thinking of ?What shade of beige went with beige

Gimme a chance, only picked it up last week. Haven’t been on a road bike for 12 years so will take a little while to adjust. Have since lowered the stem about 1cm for starters.

We like the “blank canvas” theory of home decoration. Boring walls, nice pictures etc.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was joking on all fronts my house is mainly magnolia or white 😯
    i would destroy a beige carpet by the end of the day though.

Dobbo

Beige with beige and a brown leather suite, did Sarah Beany help you out with that room? Contemporary and flexible space with a light airy feel.

pedalhead
    Free Member

did Sarah Beany help you out with that room?

I wish! I’ve got another picture of the bike in the kitchen, but that’s probably not a good idea…

Dobbo

I’ve got another picture of the bike in the kitchen, but that’s probably not a good idea…

Come on stick it up, better be quick I reckon they’ll be a Beko fridge smouldering in the corner.

Junkyard
    Free Member

is it beech with black work tops and stainless fitting very clean and minimalist …cant think why I know

pedalhead
    Free Member

lol half right

Anyway, as so many have said, it’s all cycling, so it’s all good, innit?

steve_b77
    Free Member

The door handle isn’t straight 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

^^^^ That explains the current world shortage of headset spacers..

😀

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

More hardcore than pedalhead but not tough as RealMan. 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

I agree with the OP

I don’t see why any tarmac-related branch of cycling would ever appeal to people more familiar with tearing up some sweeeet singletrack

The whole topic can be easily summed up in the look of frustrated bewilderment you get from roadies as you ride home covered in mud.

Even Fresh Goods includes roady stuff nowadays.

I don’t have much time for roadies, far too moody, unlike me who’s a proper ray of sunshine

fisha
    Free Member

unlike me who’s a proper ray of sunshine

Does it shine oot yer arse by any chance

😉

winterfold
    Free Member

you do have too many headset spacers but you dont have to take shit from people who leave their valve caps on pretending they know the score

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m definitely not posting pics of my roadbikes as both have flipped stems as well as quite a few spacers!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Some of those pics are awesome.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Glad I was wearing my peaked helmet on the road in that thunderstorm, helped to keep the rain out the eyes a bit 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Too many headset spacers? Check
    V long headtube for its size? Check
    Gratuitous Picture taken in kitchen before ever having been ridden? Check

You couldn’t tell I’m a mountain biker with a road bike, not a roadie, could you?

😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Well if you want to properly abuse some roadie bike set-ups I’ll offer up my two:

Plenty for the roadies to hate there I expect!

In my defence I only recently got the Roubaix and so far I’ll I’ve done is change the wheels and fit the seatpack, pump, an 11:32 cassette, MTB rear mech and my own saddle and seatpost. The cables and stem etc. weren’t my fault!

The Boardman is more or less out of the box apart from the flipped stem and the seatpack etc.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I know I’m throwing stones in a glass house here, but…holy saddlebag, Batman!

RealMan
    Free Member

you do have too many headset spacers but you dont have to take shit from people who leave their valve caps on pretending they know the score

😆

Bikes look better with dust caps I tell you..

winterfold
    Free Member

“Bikes look better with dust caps I tell you.”

Sometimes hypothetical milliseconds count more than aesthetics – this is one of those times.

epicsteve – I salute you. If you are going to go bad, go bad to excess. My LBS wont sell Roubaixs, it suggests these instead

epicsteve
    Free Member

Looks comfy that – I like it.

molgrips
    Free Member

My carbon racy road bike has:

lots of spacers
    No spacer under the stem top cap
    a 120mm stem
    wires from the powertap ziptied all over the frame
    saddle nose down
    coloured tyres
    ODD coloured tyres in fact
    valve cap on one wheel only
    turbo trainer quick release still in it
    grit and muck all over it from a wet ride.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have a saddle bag nice place to keep your tubes then again Ii have riser bars with bar ends [MTB] so what do I know or care.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Road cycling is PROPER cycling, not do a couple of miles and then go to the pub.

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Too much Roadie content?’ is closed to new replies.