Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Too much music – how do I now sync my iPod?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi folks

I am now at that stage whereby I can not add any more tunes to iTunes and sync my iPod as it is saying there is not enough room.

Is there a way to keep music, and just tell iTunes to load up this music here? I can’t see how to do this without permanently deleting music. I have moved unplayed music to another folder but that has not taken it out of the iTunes library.

Cheers!

Squidlord
    Free Member

Somewhere in the settings, you can tell itunes to only sync ticked songs with the ipod. You then just untick the ones you don’t want to copy over. Easy, but time consuming. You have to tick or untick each song individually.

grievoustim
    Free Member

In iTunes create a new playlist called “iPod” or something. Then put all the music you want on your iPod in it. Then plug on your iPod, and tell iTunes that you only want to sync “iPod” playlist to your iPod.

CountZero

As grievoustim says, playlists and smart playlists are your friends here. Or you can set to manually control music and video, in which case you just drag’n’drop tracks you select. That’s how I have my iPhone set up, as it’s very limited on space, and I have well over 100Gb of music in iTunes at the mo’. My iPod just syncs and updates with the latest music I’ve put into iTunes, but that’s a 160Gb Classic. Sometime soon I’m going to be in your boat…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers guys!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Too much music – how do I now sync my iPod?’ is closed to new replies.