Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • too many bikes…
  • aw
    Free Member

I have too many bikes…

Or more correctly I have no more space for more bikes and want another 🙂

Some of my bikes are very similar, see list below

Kona cindercone 97 – steel rigid singlespeed converted MTB
    Kona unit 29er 2007 – steel rigid singlespeed MTB
    Klien attitude V 2004 – alu hardtail geared MTB
    Alan framed – alu cyclo cross converted singlespeed
    Boardman team carbon – carbon road bike

I fancy a full bounce MTB and/or a Cotic road rat 🙂

Also on my wish list are cotic soul, singular swift…

I have space for 4 but currently have 5 but may need to move where I could only have space for 3!

BTW at anyone time only 1 or 2 seem to be in working order!

RealMan
    Free Member

I have too many bikes…

Does not compute.

aw
    Free Member

ok then I have too many bikes for the space…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I have too many bikes…

Not actually possible…

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh I see. So you need to make more space. Perhaps get rid of some other non bike related stuff?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You have too little space for the bikes you mean.

epicyclo

I do not have too many bikes.

I have too little house.

falkirk-mark

Oh I see. So you need to make more space. Perhaps get rid of some other non bike related stuff?

The wife ? (and her assorted gubbins)

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Are you after advice?

You can only ride one at once right? 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

why do you want ALL those singlespeeds ?
    why not 1 singlespeed, 1 hardtail, 1 full sus , 1 cyclocross etc etc etc… you just luv bikes dont ya ! 😆

wwaswas

I have too many bikes for the amount of time I have available to ride them.

I'm down to 4 now and my road bike hasn't been out for 6 months and my FS has only been ridden 3 times this summer.

I'm still sat here lookign at pictures of the Cotic 'X' bike and thinking 'Nice, versatile frame', though.

Help…

donks
    Free Member

i think so, but then i only have one and only really have the time to ride one so my view is biased.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I have at present 6 bikes, a 7th on the way & possibly an 8th not too far behind. 4 are in my storage facility, 1 in the kitchen & 1 in the spare bedroom as stores are full of the rest of them & other bike & car related tat.
    No such thing as too many, get some more space!

Tyredocter
    Free Member

Buy a pole for stacking two bikes, that's a good place to start Have one for summer, one for winter and another for long countryside rides and a spare plus a special off-road bike Too many bikes I think not…

RealMan
    Free Member

Ok let me mentally count my bikes.

I have 5 and a half.

1 road bike. 1 old road bike for commuting. 1 mtb. 2 bmx. 1 unicycle (the 0.5)

wwaswas

let me mentally count my bikes

wot, no fingers or anyfink to help?

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure why you would want the same bike twice rigid SS for example ..actually I am not sure why you would want one of those never mind two.
    How about road, cross , SS hardtail, FS – can alter SS to geared to have a geared hardatil if required. A pub /hack bike left outside is also acceptable
    PS I have 5 bikes

RealMan
    Free Member

No, I wouldn't be able to type at the same time if I did that.

convert

why do you want ALL those singlespeeds ?

Surly the correct number of singlespeeds to be owned is 27 (or 20 if SRAM get their way), all setup with a slightly different gear ratio suitable to the gradient 😉

cookeaa

Would these two perhaps come under the heading: “Duplication of function”? (Other than wheel size)….
    Which ever one you prefer keep, then flog the other to make space for/part fund the new toy…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Me n the missus have 10 between us – and were living in a 1 bed flat with no room to swing a cat. Had 2 in the hall 4 in the livingroom , 2 locked to a drainpipe out the back and 2 in the shed .

We moved to more space !

BigDummy
    Free Member

Klien attitude V 2004 – alu hardtail geared MTB
    Alan framed – alu cyclo cross converted singlespeed
    Boardman team carbon – carbon road bike

…would be my approach. And consider whether the Unit 29er can't do the same job you want the roadrat for. 🙂

kimbers

there do seem to be a lot of similar bikes there

i have
    a dh bike- kona stinky
    an xc/ trail centre bike- kona bear
    a commuter/ towpath/ xc bike- kona lava dome
    a bmx – felt brink

thats a bit more rounded if you ask me

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I assume this has been said already (but I'm too lazy to read everything but wanted to contribute)
    Do you need 2 steel singlespeeds? Can get rid of one of them and you probably wouldnt notice!

Or get rid of the lot (apart from you're carbon road bike!) and get yourself a full bounce, a singlespeed swift, and a geared soul… and you're covering (almost) everything then, just leaves the roadrat on the wish list because everyone needs to want a bike!

ourmaninthenorth

As others have said, have no more than one of each "type" of bike.

To that end, I would agree with BD, but expand his list to include the Alan and then put gears on it.

FWIW, I spent yesterday tidying the cellar and reorganising the bikes. There are 9 in there (my track bike currently lives at the velodrome but is coming home soon, so we'll be up to 10).

I have decided that the road fixed may have to go. To be replaced with something else, obviously… 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've just bought one more bike than I can fit in the garage. I did the same thing, looked at it and though a versitile bike would be great. D'oh! Who needs versitile when you've got a bike specific to every occasion?

At one point I had two almost identical fs bikes. The only difference was the tyres. I didn't evber swap tyres for different conditions, I just picked up a different bike!

MrOvershoot

I had 11 earlier this year and I'm now down to 7, which is not bad for me!

nickc

I got rid of a fleet of bikes; Steel SS, big FS, geared Ti hardtail, and steel Roadie, for just a hardtail and a better roadie. Life's a lot easier with fewer bikes. Cheaper too.

falkirk-mark

Get rid of all your singlspeeds and just tape up yer shifters for when you feel like being a bit beardy.(plus you can set your gearing to what you want before you go out on a ride) 😉

Jerome
    Free Member

Hmm.
    Cyclo cross
    Road bike
    29er ( with option for SS or geared )
    Short travel Full sus
    Pub bike

That is what I am aiming for
    Just three to get rid of

Curly68
    Free Member

Ummmm, well I can be of absolutely no use to you. I have these:
    Intense Prototype
    Intense Uzzi SLX
    Intense M1
    Intense Tazer HT
    Intense Tazer FS
    Intense Sniper
    Intense Tracer VP
    Intense SS
    Intense Fenix
    Then in frames I have a Tomac Buckshot, Marin Palisades Trail (90 vintage) and an old Saracen. And then wheels, forks etc. All in a 14×8 shed. I can't get in to do anything, so am building an extension to it!

coogan
    Free Member

See no point in having loads of bikes.

grahamt1980

Damn
    I have only got 4 bikes.
    DH bike – Commencal Mini DH
    AM Bike – Cove Hustler
    HT – Dialled PA
    Road Bike – Boardman Team Carbon

I think I could fit in another one or 2, maybe a bmx, TT bike, Full DH bike.
    That would do me about right. Maybe a shorter travel Carbon HT too.

firestarter
    Free Member

I think I've got the right mix now terms of number and function . Sabbath ti roadie, surly crosscheck ss at min but can run gears, surly karate monkey 29er ss but can run gears also, turner five spot Sus and ragley blue pig hardtail and a unicycle . Nice mix of things I think 🙂 tho I'd love a cannondale caad9 roadbike

_tom_
    Free Member

See no point in having loads of bikes.

Sort of agree. I have one mtb and want one road bike. However my mtb is more suitable for jumping than XC (and is used for both) so compromises have to be made on things like stem length and weight/strength of parts.

Ideally I'd have a jump/play mtb, XC mtb and a road bike but I can't realistically afford all 3 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I have bikes for different jobs. 7" big bike, a 5" normal bike, XC race bike, road bike and commuter. All different. There's no way I'd buy two bikes that did the same job.

chakaping
    Free Member

At one point I had two almost identical fs bikes. The only difference was the tyres. I didn't evber swap tyres for different conditions, I just picked up a different bike!

If we form a support group, you can be in charge!

To the OP – I've just moved from 5 bikes to 4 by focusing on having one of each sort of bike that I wanted…

– XC/trail hardtail with 120mm fork (also used for baby carrying)
    – 140mm full sus bike
    – 7in freeridey bike
    – Jump/4X hardtail

The last one was actually bought for baby carrying, but the seat didn't fit so it might go soon too – since I haven't had the urge to go and [strike]break myself[/strike] learn to dirt jump in the eight months I've owned it.

ratadog

Intense Prototype
    Intense Uzzi SLX
    Intense M1
    Intense Tazer HT
    Intense Tazer FS
    Intense Sniper
    Intense Tracer VP
    Intense SS
    Intense Fenix

I think I see a pattern here

in frames I have a Tomac Buckshot, Marin Palisades Trail (90 vintage) and an old Saracen

No, sorry, as you were.

aw
    Free Member

I think I will get rid of the kona steel cindercone. I am inclined to get rid of the unit too but might keep it. If I get the swift it will obviously go. Likewise the road rat could replace the Alan CX. Also the cotic soul could replace the Klein but I do like the Attitude V 😉

aw
    Free Member

here they are…

Alan CX

Kona cone 97

Kona unit 29er

Klein Arrirude V

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘too many bikes…’ is closed to new replies.