Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Tony Soprano RIP
  • redsox
    Free Member

Christ, James Gandolfini ‘s dead…….. He was only 51

edit: Link

Kryton57

Bloody hell.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Had just literally finished watching an episode clicked on the news and I was like holy s*** he’s dead RIP.

stewartc
    Free Member

Wow, 51

redsox
    Free Member

Wow, 51

yep, suddenly I feel the need to go jogging and take skateboarding back up…….one life and all that

Pigface
    Free Member

Very sad not much older than me .

toby1

Sounds like he had a baby back in October with his new wife too, sad news indeed.

Creg

RIP

Watched “In The Loop” last night, then woke up to this news 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

RIP

NSFW

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwGZinTeodc[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

Shocking!!

DT78
    Free Member

Just started watching the sopranos. Awesome actor, RIP

I did wonder if it was a hit…

zilog6128

Watched Zero Dark Thirty last week, and thought wow, he’s really gained some weight.

kimbers

brilliant actor, The Soprannos is the greatest TV show ever it wouldnt have been the same without him

possibly one of my favourite scenes from the show, not really tonycentric but his reaction to christofuh killing adrainna’s dog is pure Tony

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_peSCECc4I[/video]

donks
    Free Member

Massive shame that is. He was a great actor and the sopranos was the finest American series yet.

stanfree
    Free Member

Gutted , David Chase nailed It when he cast James Gandolfini as big Tony . I doubt the show would have been half as good with anyone in his place.
    Here’s my favourite ever scene.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsxthFO-HWs[/video]

R.I.P. James Gandolfini.

tutgareth
    Free Member

Oh dear, RIP 🙁

kimbers

stanfree, thats a great scene

Mounty_73

OMG!!!

Bloody shocked, watching the re-runs on Atlantic, just about to watch the episode where Chris and Paulie are lost in the woods…..as I remember it being a good episode…

binners

Blimey! 51? That’s no age

A great actor! He’s superb in In the Loop. How many actors could comfortably pull off a part like that? Slotting in with such an established and respected cast like the Thick of It, and looking like he’d always been part of it?

Very sad. RIP.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s sad. Not much older than me too…

I think I’ll watch True Romance tonight, he was brilliant in that.

RIP big man

IHN

RIP 🙁

Just watching the final series of The Sopranos now, for the first time, so no spoilers please…

LHS
    Free Member

Very sad, great actor.

Really does focus the mind, you can everything in the world but if you don’t look after yourself it gets cut terribly short.

RIP

fasthaggis

Very sad , quality actor .

organic355
    Free Member

Some memorable lines spoken by the late James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano in “The Sopranos”:

—”You know my feelings: Every day is a gift. It’s just, does it have to be a pair of socks?”

—”What kind of (expletive) human being am I, if my own mother wants me dead?”

—About his father: “The belt was his favorite childhood development tool.”

—”Nothing beats popping up some Orville Redenbachers and listening to ‘Men in Black.'”

—”Nowadays, everybody’s gotta go to shrinks and counselors, and go on ‘Sally Jessy Raphael’ and talk about their problems. What happened to Gary Cooper? The strong, silent type.”

—”I gotta be honest with you. I’m not getting any satisfaction from my work.”

—”I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to (expletive).”

—”You got any idea what my life would be worth if certain people found out I checked into a laughing academy?”

—”When you’re married, you’ll understand the importance of fresh produce.”

—”It wasn’t like it was friggin’ Cobain. It was just a little suicidal gesture, that’s all.”

tonyd

Very sad, RIP. I’ll be digging out the box set tonight then, there goes any spare time in the next month or two!

mjdcc
    Free Member

I was/am a Sopranos tragic. Secretly, I always harboured a dream that they would get back together for one last season or failing that a movie. I always imagined it with Tony on trial or in jail, with wait for it . . . Camilla running the family, preparing for Tony’s trial etc. As I said . . . a tragic.

Oh well, never going to happen. RIP James Gandolfino.

deluded
    Free Member

Sad indeed and 51’s no age.

SPOILER

One of my favourite sketches in the Soprano’s was Tony and Chrissy getting ready to dispose of Ralph’s body in the bath. It’s Tony’s reaction to Chrissy when he discovers Ralph wore a wig. I was in tears of laughter – and had to rewind it a few times.

kevin1911

We just finnished watching the entire series a week or so ago. Really sad to hear of his passing.

I was/am a Sopranos tragic. Secretly, I always harboured a dream that they would get back together for one last season or failing that a movie. I always imagined it with Tony on trial or in jail, with wait for it . . . Camilla running the family, preparing for Tony’s trial etc.

I always thought they might revive it with AJ deciding to follow in his fathers footsteps. Failing that, I was hoping for Gandolfini to make a cameo appearance in Lilyhammer

southbeds
    Free Member

AMAZON already pushing Sopranos box set

Kuco

RIP 🙁

stanfree imo that was one of the best episodes.

cheers_drive

That’s the episode that immediately came to mind when I heard the sad news.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

agree with everyone. underplayed the part beutifully, sometimes you could just see the rage building.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Tj8F3aJgs[/video]

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Tony Soprano RIP’ is closed to new replies.