• This topic has 43 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Rich.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Tonights top gear
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Anyone else notice the stupid camera shot flicks during the louis walsh interview?

I had to turn it off for a minute!

emma82
    Free Member

Is all crap. Should be cancelled.

Pook

Pretty inspiring last feature. Good on them, and good luck to them.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I agree with Pook

Tom83

Yeah last segment was really good. Good luck to them with the Dakar!

RustySpanner

Hammond unhappy.

Perhaps he should attempt to develop a personality, rather than have someone else make one up for him?

Bring back William Woollard, it’s all gone downhill since he left. 😀

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Liked the xc car racing very cool

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Thought apart from Louis being on it was a good show.
    The last bit, as said above, was very good. Good luck lads

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pook, +many. Truly inspiring and humbling in equal measure.

jon1973
    Free Member

@Rusty Spanner – I guess if the Daily Star says a ‘Top Gear insider’ said it, it must be true 😉 And there I was thinking all quality, investigative journalism has disappeared with the NOTW.

Houns

Good to see he old Stig

RustySpanner

How dare you doubt the integrity of our wonnerful tabloid press, gawdblessem.

Oh, er, hang on………

jon1973
    Free Member

🙂 It’s wots made Britain great.

dr_adams
    Free Member

could see rich leave and good old Tiff come back….

project
    Free Member

Who is Louis Walsh the bloke from ryan air,missed half the show and a great end to the series with the disabled ex servicemen, doing something positive, and showing us not so positive types it can be done and done well.

Best wishes to them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hammond unhappy

Hammond is rubbish. As RS sez, he lacks any real personality, unlike Clarkson who is the BoJo of the motor programme world, and May who is actually quite intelligent and passionate about mechanical stuffs.

Hammond’s other shows are crap. He should be thankful he’s on a top prime time show, and stop whinging.

And get a flipping haircut. At least Clarkson and May’s are cos they’re just too inept to sort their barnets out; Hammond pays good money to look like a knob!

Bez

After the piece about the lads who’d lost limbs and friends to IEDs I was waiting for Clarkson to finish with “and on that bombshell…”

:S

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You sick puppy…

Woody
    Free Member

Only saw the off road (excellent) and Louis Walsh (what an odious turd he truly is) bit.

This line in the article made me laugh ““He has put his life at risk for the show lots of times and feels it’s a bit unfair that he isn’t a bigger part.

Slogo
    Free Member

have there always only been 6 episodes to a season?

willard

No, there used to be more. They get bumped off the air whenever something more interesting turns up, like the X-Factor.

To be honest, as much as TG annoys me sometimes, I’d rather watch back to back episodes of that than a single one of X-Factor.

I was really quite surprised that they let Ben Collins anywhere near TG again, but on a project as worthy as that, I think they did good. I still think those soldiers are nutters though… Driving that speed over ground like that takes cojones the size of grapefruit. Good luck to them on the Dakar.

maccruiskeen

have there always only been 6 episodes to a season?

Six or seven, usually two seasons per year. Far fewer than you think, but thats because there are so many re-runs both on the beeb and on Dave. The seasons used to be longer – up to 10, but then there was only one a year rather than two, so there are more per year now.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Hopefully they’ll do another series and just have the “News” bit and nothing else.
    That way we’ll have more of the three real-life Saxondale’s on seats smacking their lips and making cringing sentence structures to a roomful of sycophantic morons.

Love cars, hate Top Gear.

andyl
    Free Member

If Hammond is unhappy I’ll gladly have his job.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Be nice if they did a follow up on the soldiers & how they get on in Dakar. Proper heroes, good luck to them.

The program would be much better without Hammond. He often seems like someones just told him the facts and stats he repeats to camera. He always seemed quite happy to be the ‘cute’ one in the early series having been lifted from local radio. Too big for his boots?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

good job Clarkson didn’t end with his usual strap line……..

ollieT
    Free Member

The BBC would be better off saving the money they spend on the three talentless ****ts blowing things up to script. Then put the money towards showing some real drivers race! F1!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

this series was below par, had the odd good moment and great final episode section but the wrecking those houses was a load of bollox.

i agree with above, hammond is the weak link, they need a woman as the third presenter.

mboy
    Free Member

I still think those soldiers are nutters though… Driving that speed over ground like that takes cojones the size of grapefruit.

And fighting on the front line requires cojones the size of…? 😉

Sincerely wishing them good luck, will definitely be following next year’s Dakar to see how they get on. An inspirational story indeed…

maccruiskeen

i agree with above, hammond is the weak link, they need a woman as the third presenter.

Yup, drop Hammond and replace with Jeanette Krankie. Same size and just as accident prone, they can keep the same wardrobe and carry on using all the same jokes too.

zokes
    Free Member

The BBC would be better off saving the money they spend on the three talentless ****ts blowing things up to script. Then put the money towards showing some real drivers race! F1!

Given how much money the BBC gets from selling it to the rest of the world, and by that, I mean pretty much all of the rest of the world; I strongly suspect it doesn’t cost them much at all – rather the opposite….

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s scripted? 😯 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Back inthe day (circa 2008 hahahah) I used to watch it avidly, top SUndau Eve viewing with a bottle of Red and a Chinese meal the size of a small orbiting planet. Now however I record them and I pick and choose the programmes to watch and often fast forward through the guff thats on.. bit sad really, on my part that is.

I’ve never been a fan of the teenybloke. Ok so you’ve a cute factor but those stupid looks and one liners he gives to camera are pretty grating on my physcie.. he’s far better when “left alone” to do his bit when the lads go “on tour in an OB sort of way”, you know the adventure stuff..

And I do think it’s probably a great idea to bring in a woman too. It’s one show that really ought to have a womans point of view ad ripe for her to balance up the Laddettes that currently play persenter. And no No not Vicky BH either.. nore Gobby Roselinbird.

maccruiskeen

TheFlyingOx

That way we’ll have more of the three real-life Saxondale’s on seats smacking their lips and making cringing sentence structures to a roomful of sycophantic morons.

LHS
    Free Member

They make millions more a year from selling Top Gear around the world than it takes to make it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

monkey_boy – Member

May is little better IMO (albeit some of theother stuff he is involved in seems to suggest he is an OK interesting guy), you wonder if they were able to have their own input if it might be better than “JC & cronies”.

More should be made of Clarkson’s NIMBYism, I’m in IoM for the e2e, I’m gonna throw a jobbie over his garden wall…

FeeFoo
    Free Member

@The Flying Ox

“whoosh”

…and you had all that time copying and pasting the image to realise.

higgo
    Free Member

Agree that the final feature was excellent. Would love to see a follow-up feature when they do the Dakar.

Anyone know where the course was? It looked familiar to me.

mudshark
    Free Member

They make millions more a year from selling Top Gear around the world than it takes to make it.

Anyone got any figures/evidence for this?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Tonights top gear’ is closed to new replies.