Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Tonight's Super Bowl
  • rOcKeTdOg

Tom Brady is looking pretty deflated.

Awful 😛

john_drummer
    Free Member

Get in!

Jamie
    Free Member

Time for some Lady GaGa…..or a cup of tea.

richmars

Who sings a few lines from Woody Guthrie.

Kuco

Great catch

rOcKeTdOg

What.a.game!

sweaman2
    Free Member

It might just be me but the overtime rules seem a little unfair. No opportunity for the second team to have an attempt to score in the event of a touchdown seems harsh and makes the result a bit random to my eyes. Quite the game though I agree.

davosaurusrex

Went to bed at 28 – 3. FFS!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Wow. Just reading reports. First OT in Superbowl history. I didn’t stay up but if I had i would have gone to bed at half time for sure 😳

Haven’t seen highlights but you have to feel for Atlanta, they must be gutted.

Kuco

Yep, I had Pats written off by half time. Glad I stayed up to watch the rest. Can’t stand Belicheck but no denying he a great coach.

Disagree Brady getting MVP but they usually give it to the QB

Pigface
    Free Member

Fell asleep at halftime 😆

Wow what a result didn’t see that coming.

lazybike
    Free Member

Watched the halftime show..watched the start of the 3rd quarter, thought well done Falcons and went to bed…

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yep, went to bed at 28-3 thinking game over. Watching the fourth quarter now

BillOddie

Well as a Pats fan who stayed up what feels like all night…I’m oscillating between elation and feeling sick due to lack of sleep/caffeine overdose.

When I finally went to bed I could barely get to sleep due to the amount of adrenaline.

What a game!

I bet Mark Wahlberg is gutted – he left in the 3rd! 😆

andy4d

Wonder what odds you were getting on a NE win at halftime

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Sorry lads but I’m glad it wasnt just me who saw the 4th falcons TD run in and immediately turned to TV off to go to bed. 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Just watched the stuff I missed, Holy Cow what a game, greatest comeback since TJ

disco_stu
    Free Member

Wonder what odds you were getting on a NE win at halftime

My other half won £50 from a fiver, she put it on with about 5 minutes to go on normal time. The odds when it was 28-3 must have been astronomical!

yossarian
    Free Member

I managed to watch it all. Probably because I didn’t have any beer due to manflu.

You could tell from the pats first td that they had properly found their rythmn. Still the falcons should have won. Atlanta failed to manage the clock, gave away 3 consecutive defensive holding penalties on 3 consecutive 3rd downs and totally bollocksed up a great field position.

I dislike Brady intensely but fair play.

SaxonRider

Slightly O/T, but

A whole bunch of my American friends on facebook have been saying that the Patriots are a teams of cheats.

What are they on about?

rOcKeTdOg

Look up deflategate

Pigface
    Free Member

I am not a Patriots fan but “deflategate” was bobbins, truth is Belichick is a fantastic coach, Brady the GOAT and they are a winning machine. A bit like the All Blacks in rugby. People don’t like them because they win, they had no right to win it last night but they did.

Hadge
    Free Member

First Bowl I’ve missed since they were televised here due to being unwell but boy after watching it today, what an astonishing game. I honestly thought the Falcons would win before the game and sort of wanted them to as neutral fan (I’m a Cowboy fan for my sins) but what an astonishing comeback by the Pats. Edelmans catch off the tip was one of the greatest I’ve ever seen. Not skill wise but for sheer determination and a will to win. He’s a brilliant receiver. Brady is without doubt the GOAT for QB’s and he’s got 5 rings to prove it. And he still wants more too.

sands
    Free Member

Just watched the third Q / forth Q / OT from a recording.

ROcKeTdOg Member
    What.a.game!

plus 1

If you missed it, highlights are on BBC1 just after midnight: ‘The NFL Show’ Tue 7 Feb 00:20AM – 01:00AM

jambalaya
    Free Member

, greatest comeback since TJ

🙂

I have a soft spot for Belichick as he was defensive coordinator for Giants under Parcell when I lived in NY, he has an outstanding record. Teams don’t comeback like that without some leadership and great coaching (and yes he has to bear some responsibility for the 3-28 hole)

RustySpanner

Well that was an eye opener.

I’ve tried watching loads of times over the years, but never really got it until now.

Surprised myself by really, really enjoying the whole thing.
    🙂
    Great game!

Wife and stepkids have been fans for years.
    I’ve always fallen asleep before kick off.

Suppose I need a team now.
    Possibly two, a pretty crap lower league team and one of the big boys?
    Spread the love and all that.

Hmm, who would be the equivalent of say, Sheffield United (my team, may God forgive me) and say Burnley?
    🙂

Mrs supports Chicago.
    Apparantly she saw them playing in London BITD, which is good enough for me.

votchy
    Free Member

Managed to avoid knowing the result and watched it recorded last night, at half time was thinking there was no way back for the Patriots, also thinking Edelman was having a ‘mare as he seemed to drop everything thrown his way. Thought Lady Gaga was a poor half time show, then wow, what a second half. If ever there was a game of 2 halves this was it, think the Falcons lack of experience caught them out eventually with poor time management and also unnecessary penalties. Where did Edelman get that catch from, sheer brilliance. great advert for the NFL overall. feel sorry for the Falcons but at the same time gotta admire the Pat’s for their resolve.

Cougar

Managed to avoid knowing the result and watched it recorded last night

Likewise. I almost turned it off at the end of the first quarter, I thought it was all over. Hell of a game.

dragon
    Free Member

feel sorry for the Falcons

I don’t they blew it. Matt Ryan was cacking it in the final quarter.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Tonight's Super Bowl’ is closed to new replies.