Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Tonight's Super Bowl
  • Pigface
    Free Member

No thread?

Looking forward to this, No real allegiance but if push came to shove Patriots

Cougar

I’ll probably record it – forgot to book the time off tomorrow.

I’ve no real allegiance here either. In this sort of case I generally root for the AFC team and then watch them lose.

rmacattack
    Free Member

most overrated, overhyped, sporting event ever

Kuco

I’d like to see Falcons win it.

Cougar

But yet, still interesting enough that you felt the need to take the time to pass comment. Are you stuck for something to do? It’s nice riding weather.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Me too……Pea and ham

Jamie
    Free Member

Yup, and I enjoy it for that spectacle.

Not a NFL fan at all, but always watch the Superb Owl.

Drac

After football.

I won’t be watching though never been able to get away with it.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’m a Giants fan so New England aren’t popular here. Go Falcons!

lazybike
    Free Member

I’ll be watching..well at least to halftime, I expect the Patriots will have an unassailable lead by then..

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Day off booked for tomorrow, currently in bed ready to nap after the six nations, jump bike fettled for a day at the park tomorrow,

Only thing missing for tonight is beer and hotdogs, but then I do have the chub club to consider

As for the results I’d like to see the Falcons do it, however realistically I doubt it

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Not missed one since 1985, never taken the following day off work either – just sit quietly in a corner of the office with coffee.

Falcon’s seem to be favourites with some US bookies, Patriots here , probably due to their bandwagon following. That’s enough for me to stick a few ££ on Atlanta. Plus…Trump is a Patriots fan.

Off for a quick nap now.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Do they show it on British TV? I might have a gander

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’ll be on the Beeb P-Jay.

I’d like to see the Falcons take it. Pats have had plenty.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Trump is a Patriots fan.

Falcons it is then!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Makes me chuckle at the number of friends who suddenly are fans when it’s on and have declared themselves a fan of one or the other team but otherwise would never watch American Football or know anything about it. Though same could be said of Wimbledon, and fair enough I’ve been known to watch that while having no other interest in tennis, but then at least it’s British (currently with Murray’s success).

Absolutely zero interest in the Super Bowl myself along with every other game of chucking a non-ball shaped object about and claiming it has anything to do with use of feet and stopping the game every 10 seconds to faff about.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Absolutely zero interest in the Super Bowl myself along with every other game of chucking a non-ball shaped object about and claiming it has anything to do with use of feet and stopping the game every 10 seconds to faff about.

That’s exactly what I thought until I went to a game just over a year ago.
    It’s an excellent spectator sport and goes a lot quicker than people think, the problem in the UK is that it’s usually only the Superbowl that they get to see, which lasts far longer with more ad breaks than a normal in season game.
    If you really want to be entertained watch some of the college games, I think all the college teams are coached by King Kev! 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

College football is brilliant I agree, huge crowds slightly different rules, crazy plays. For a very tenuous reason I follow Nebraska 😆

I have no idea of how the divisions are organised PAC 12 etc etc

gobuchul
    Free Member

I follow Nebraska

Springsteen fan? 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a very tenuous reason

My betting is it’s a girl.

Pigface
    Free Member

Darcy great to see you, figureitively 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s nearly always a girl Piggie. 😀 (It’s why I’m a Steelers fan.)

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s nearly always a girl Piggie. (It’s why I’m a Steelers fan.)

Pictures or neither happened.

Cougar

It’s called “football” for the same reason ours is – it’s played ON foot (as opposed to, say, polo), it’s nothing to do with kicking anything despite a number of UK football fans thinking they’re clever.

Cougar

Makes me chuckle at the number of friends who suddenly are fans when it’s on and have declared themselves a fan of one or the other team but otherwise would never watch American Football or know anything about it.

It’s one of the very few spectator sports I’ve ever had an interest in, I’d rather go do something than watch someone else having fun. I like it largely because despite initial outward appearances it’s a highly technical / tactical game, and because I used to play it (non-contact) at school.

In the 80s I watched it pretty religiously. These days interest has waned a bit as the novelty has worn off somewhat, plus I’m no longer home alone so have that to consider (though I might watch next season in retaliation for the hours of “I’m a Strictly Celebrity’s Brother On Ice Factor, Get Me On Television” that I’ve sat through). I still like to watch the ‘Bowl when it’s on though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

With the “rise” of defence in recent years, much of the points in games are now scored by FGs as well.

BillOddie

Patriots fan, “working from home” tomorrow.

It’s about time for a tactical nap!

Riksbar

Long tday me Dolphins fan (it’s not been a good 33 years) so I also support whoever’s playing the Patriots as well. Deflategate and Trump make it more so.

yossarian
    Free Member

Have followed the raiders since the mid 80s. But for ‘that’ play it could have been us this year.

Can’t stand the pats. Anyone but them.

Realistically they’ll win it by 12

Northwind

I very nearly made it my job to watch the superbowl in a pub, this year. But the bastard whose job it actually is, changed his plans and now he can go. I don’t know anything about irongrids, I just wanted to put it in my cv.

mefty
    Free Member

I was at the only other Superbowl to feature the Falcons, so the shirt is being put on – Go Dirty Birds!

Jamie
    Free Member

Tonight’s SuperBowl is brought to you by Sacks.

Sacks. You can put stuff in them.

john_drummer
    Free Member

TD Atlanta!

rOcKeTdOg

Nice to see the pats struggling but they’ve been in this situation before & come back to win it. Matty Ice looking cool though

john_drummer
    Free Member

And another TD Atlanta!

Kuco

Brilliant pick.

Pigface
    Free Member

Game over

Jamie
    Free Member

Wow.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I could watch Belichick’s face* all night.

*unless NE perform some kind of miracle. They needed to score next after going 0-14 but crikey, they really need the next score now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Tom Brady is looking pretty deflated.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Tonight's Super Bowl’ is closed to new replies.